Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave

Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave (http://simplylightwave.com/forum//index.php)
-   LightWave Basics (http://simplylightwave.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Little Robot Basic Modeling (http://simplylightwave.com/forum//showthread.php?t=6255)

powerdot 18-06-2016 01:28 PM

Error: Coincident points

Hello, I'm doing the training on the Little Robot Basic Modeling. I'm currently on the fifth video where they are constructing the hands and have come across a problem. When it comes to the part where I have to connect the two parts that will form the hand with the BRIDGE tool, I continually get a pop up information box which reads:

"Could not find matching points to bridge. Make sure there are no coincident points. Falling back to failsafe method."

When I click on "OK" an error box appears which states:

"Error code 2905 has occurred. Internal fault of unknown origin. Try operation again or restart Modeler"

I've done both and continue to get the same error messages.

I'm using LW 2015.3 on Mac 64.

Any help would be appreciated.

J. Lebron ;)

rwhunt99 25-07-2016 06:29 PM

Sorry to help this late, but hopefully you are stil there. Bridge does tend to be a bit persnicketty. When I have problems, I first check my statistics panel in poly mode it will display many things that help with troubleshooting. Between the info window in the lower left and selecting polys or points and hitting the i key it helps. in poly mode(control H) hit shift L to unify polys, this will merge polys that are directly on top of each other, hit merge (M key) to merge any points that might be on top of another. When selecting points or polys, check he information at the bottom left, there is a small window that says sel, that tells you how many of whatever you have selected and see if that is true. As for the error code, you can contact LW3D customer service and simply give your license code (Dongle number) and they will try to help you. There are times when the file itself gets corrupted, I've found that most often it happens when you have been at it for several hours and when you finally close and then re-open, wacky things happen. Save your work, use incremental saves to keep from losing work, especially when you get errors like that. I nkow not much activity here, but good luck

ccclarke 06-01-2017 01:23 PM

To add the previous post, the Statistics panel (W) is one of the most important ways to check your work, and has a lot of other uses as well.

You can use the Statistics panel to examine Points, Lines, and Poly characteristics as well as make selections to isolate specific items, such as a single texture. For example, in Poly mode, go to the Texture drop-down within the panel and select a texture. Press the adjacent "+" to select the polys with that texture and they can be cut from the layer, changed to a different texture, or made to be invisible to work on adjacent polys until restored with the \ key.

More importantly, the Statistics panel in Poly mode shows 2-Point Polys, which are normally deleted from an object (they do have special applications) because they will prevent certain operations from working, like Rounder and Bridge, --just to name two. Additionally, non-planar polys can be identified and corrected. No object is really complete until these kinds of problems are eliminated before moving to the next level. The Statistics panel is the first thing I open up after downloading a model to check its integrity. Usually, there will be 2-point and non-planar polys to fix.