View Single Post
Old 17-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #10
ra_monk
Registered Member

hi guys!

Tnx for the feedback!
The Shuttle scene is an ambitious project to tackle, it was for me as a tutorial maker, and also for those who follow it. This means it's not so easy, it requires patience and more important- an adventures spirit, and then-some more patience
To fit it into a tutorial format i just had to speed up the video, otherwise it would be a lot longer than 10h, or 16h. And believe me when i say- not something i wanted to do coz it meant a lot more work for me!
I tried my best to give all the explanations, and showcase the modeling techniques one would need to make such a scene, within a tutorial format, and imho, i think it's all there! Now, it's not gonna hold your hand all the way, but it will get you there, and at the end, you'll learn a lot more because of it.

My advice would be to approach the tutorial by watching a section and then try to model that section your self. Not so much to try and mimic all the moves you see on the screen(coz anyway they are not 100% all there), but rather to boldly go into the unknown and do it your way, using as a roadmap and a goal what you just saw in the tutorial. This is more difficult, for sure, but the pay-of is much bigger, as you will learn a lot more! And to create scenes like this, you need that spirit.
And if you get stuck in some part, don't hesitate to drop me a line, at milivoj@lemonade3d.com. I'll be more than happy to check out your model and your progress!

It would, certainly, be a lot better to have this material in real time, make a course out if it, and on my part- it think that's a good idea : )
Until then, i really hope you dive into the Shuttle tutorial, into the deep end- and i am looking forward to seeing your versions of it! remember- images like this don't come cheap (and i don't mean money vise )

MidnightBrewer- tnx for the feedback! Yes, i didn't put those images in there coz of the copyright laws, but it's a 5 min search on the google to get them all.

tnx again for you feedback guys (and galls, any galls in there? didn't see )!

Milivoj
ra_monk is offline   Reply With Quote