Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Modeling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 26-11-2016, 12:34 PM   #1
bostokc
Registered Member

Default Can i edit or export procedural asteroid or rock into obj file?

This is technical question about modeling of Lightwave
I made procedured rock like asteroid using procedural texture in Lightwave layout, i sent basic mesh made by Lightwave modeler before. And i want to make that procedural rock into real mesh, not a virtual mesh... is this possible? and if it is, how?
Because i saved it as obj or exported it and i imported them again in new scene or other tool but it was just low - basic mesh without high quality detail from procedural rock i made in layout.
bostokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:18 AM   #2
stevel
Registered Member

Hi. In Layout, you can save your object as a 'Transformed' object. Go to File > Save > Save Trans Object. This will save the selected object with any displacement maps applied as a mesh. I think you have to play with the subpatch level settings in the object properties to get the level of detail that you require.
stevel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stevel For This Useful Post:
leroy3rd (20-01-2017)