Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > LightWave Basics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 21-06-2005, 10:47 AM   #1
Tabu
Registered Member

Default Keyframe Baking

Hi
Im currently creating a model, which is supposed to implemented into a mod Im creating, however, I stumbeled into a rather irritating problem. The game does not support IK, however, I know that the deveopers have been using IK, and then somhow baked all the keys, so that the game can handle it, Im just a bit unsure on how to do this?

Is there any way that I automatically can create keys for all frames? (Manually dooing this for 600 frames is just to tedious.)
Tabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:25 PM   #2
priimate
Full Access Member

G'day Tabu!

You need to use LW[8]'s dope track (which pops up above the timeline). Once you have animated your sequence, hold Alt and left click and drag along the dope track to add a Bake Zone (that covers the frames you wish to bake). You can then right click in the Bake Zone and select Bake Current Zone. This will add a keyframe on every frame so you can transfer the motion to an engine that doesn't support IK!

Cheers! priimate.
priimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:06 AM   #3
Tabu
Registered Member

thx alot
Was using LW 7.5 for the project I was dooing - LW8 is much better.
Tabu is offline   Reply With Quote