Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Animation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 13-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
cbreton49
Registered Member

Default axis - pivot point

Can someone please tell me how to reposition an axis or pivot point once the character is set and has bones? Sometimes the center axis is in the wrong place and I want to move it or pivot it a different direction or rotate it so I can move the bones in another direction.
I know there's a way I have seen it done I just forget where I saw it or how to do it.
For example: I have a sitting man brought in from modeler. I want to move his shoulder, the rotation is on the wrong axis, can I move the rotation axis so that I can rotate his shoulder and the rest of his arm would lift up or down?
Thank you in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2014-05-13 at 12.50.09 PM.png (134.2 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by cbreton49; 13-05-2014 at 07:54 PM.
cbreton49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2014, 01:23 AM   #2
rwhunt99
Full Access Member

You didn't show the bones in the screen shot, but if you are just adjusting the axis, you can use the bone twist tool. If you want to move the joint into a better position, you can use the joint move tool. Both tools are in the Setup menu in Layout under modify (in v11.6)
Old 25-05-2014, 01:48 AM   #3
cbreton49
Registered Member

Thanks rwhunt99 that's very helpful..
Carol
cbreton49 is offline   Reply With Quote