Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Site Questions & Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2004, 11:52 PM   #1
imazip
Full Access Member

Default Losing my color blends after I save and close a scene

Hi. I am doing a fairly simple animation for work. I need to take basic objects like capsules and cylinders and have their colors change at specific times. (Green to yellow, and then yellow to red, etc.)

In Layout, I select the object, keyframe it, and then select the surface editor. Once in the surface eiditor I click on the "E" button and then change the objects color in the graph editor.

The objects change color (or transparency, or whatever other envelope I've tried to edit) and things seem to be working just fine, until I close the scene and try to open it at a later time. Once I open the scene, all my color tweening is no longer there.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! : )

FWIW, this happens to me on both my old version of LW 7.5 and also on 8 on a Mac running OS X.2.3 (Panther)

Thanks!
imazip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:22 PM   #2
hoopti
Full Access Member

Are you saving both the scene and all objects before you exit? Since you're using shading on the object to drive it, then you need to save the objects too.

That's the only thing that comes to my mind.

Hoop
hoopti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 02:47 PM   #3
imazip
Full Access Member

Default THANK YOU!!! It was that simple : )

Thanks for the quick post. I'm a bit embarrassed it was so simple, but you really saved me some grief.

I never had to change an object property before in an animation and I was just doing the CTRL-S to save in layout. I'll research all the other save options in Layout to see what else I'm missing.

Hopefully I can return the favor some day.

Thanks again.
imazip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:26 AM   #4
Mark
Super Moderator

Always remember: Object properties (including surfacing) are save with the objects. Object position is saved with the scene...
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote