Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > LightWave Basics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2006, 08:12 PM   #1
Reese Richardson
Full Access Member

Default Depth of Feild

I’ve been playing with depth of field and have read the manual. I’m not getting the results I expected. I’ve set the distance circle for what I want in focus. I though everything out side of that circle was to be out of focus. Also have worked with F stops.

As I’ve said before what am I doing wrong.
Reese Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2006, 11:01 PM   #2
rwhunt99
Full Access Member

Hi Reese, You didn't exlain exactly what you mean when you say "not getting results you expected." You might want to post a screen shot or something to explain a little better. I haven't had too much experience with depth of field but maybe I could help with a little more info.

:blush:
Old 18-07-2006, 12:32 AM   #3
Reese Richardson
Full Access Member

Well I finally got things to work; it set off a discussion over to NewTek a lot of different ways it seems to do this digital confusion nulls for the camera. I tried what was mentioned but still didn’t have any results. I just kept working the f stop and finally got things to work at .003 point 005 to much point 002 to little. I will send a picture of what I finally got. The shark I got from SimplyLightWave added bones. The ocean was a tutorial I did from there to.

Don’t know much I just keep fumbling till I get what I think should work to work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shark_df.jpg (136.8 KB, 28 views)
Reese Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:05 AM   #4
Vnnrderbe
Registered Member

Depth of field is influenced by several factors, including aperture, focal length, and distance to subject. While the distance circle can provide a general guide, it's not always a definitive boundary. Experiment with different aperture values (like f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6) and distances to see how they affect the depth of field. Remember that background blur is often more linkedins article pronounced with wider apertures (lower f-numbers) and longer focal lengths.
Vnnrderbe is offline   Reply With Quote