Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Modeling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 23-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
spqninja
Registered Member

Default Boolean error

Hi guys,
I use LW 8.2 and when I try to boolean an object with 1 segment on all the axes, it gives me errors like buffers too small for the operation. What are these buffers? are they the segments? and why do I keep getting this error?

Its a bit strange to me because I know it is supposed to work on a 1 segment plane. I've seen this work in tuts. and I don't know why it is not working for me.

Do what you can do and leave what you can't.
Its the nature of the game.

Spqninja
spqninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 07:38 AM   #2
Ave
Registered Member

I normally get that error after working on lightwave for a while, my guess is that lightwave creates and stores objects in memory, which are then not freed properly, so you end up with less resources after working for a while....just a guess, but I just normally restart my machine and it seems to work fine- there may be a way to increase the internal buffer size, but I dont know how
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2024, 09:44 PM   #3
Vnnrderbe
Registered Member

I'm also experiencing this frustrating Boolean error in Lightwave 8.2 when using a single-segment object. It's perplexing because tutorials suggest this should work flawlessly. The "buffers too small" error is vague, and it's unclear if they relate to the object's segments or some internal system limitation. I've tried various approaches without success. If anyone has encountered this issue and found a workaround, please share your coursework writing services insights. It would be greatly appreciated!
Vnnrderbe is offline   Reply With Quote