Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > LightWave Basics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-02-2003, 06:26 PM   #1
Psichosix
Registered Member

Question Classes

Does anyone know a good place to search for classes on lightwave or just general computer animation. I live on the KS and MO border so either state would be good. I have tried and tried to find classes but all I can find are seminars. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Psichosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 04:31 PM   #2
Zarathustra
Full Access Member

Sorry, but you should try and get out to one of Lee Stranahan's seminars. They're good and Lee is the kind of guy you can chat with afterwards.

I lived in KC as a kid.
GO CHIEFS!!
Old 07-02-2003, 07:26 PM   #3
Skelegon_Key
Full Access Member

I had to take an on line course, because I live in the UK and there are very few LW training centres over here.

It was the Pro Character course at http://www.splinegod.com. Obviously this is only any good if you are interested in character based work and it's pretty expensive, but if you can afford it and your interested in this kind of thing I'd go for it, I thought it was excellent. You get all the lectures on CD so you can watch them over and over, theres too much info to take in all at once, if you have any questions you get to ask the tutor in a user group. Might be worth a look if you can't find a class to go to

Scott
Skelegon_Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2003, 03:50 AM   #4
3dchip
Full Access Member

The best place for you to get started is right in your own backyard...and it is dirt cheap... you can take Lightwave classes (I believe they have 6 all together) in Wichita at Washburn University with Bob Anderson. These are great for geting your feet wet, and I guarantee it is the cheapest training you will find!

Or you could come up to Omaha and I could train you...it depends on what you are looking for.

Regards!

"A moth flying around a lightbulb is
animated, but just because there is a
lot of wing activity does not make the
flight theatrical. Bring in a fly swatter,
and you start getting theater."

- Ed Hooks
3dchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 09:21 AM   #5
SplineGod
Registered Member

Thanks Skeleton,
In one sense theyre expensive (money is money).
Most colleges with 3D programs dont really have any kind of advanced courses like character modeling, rigging, texturing and animating. When they do theyre very expensive compared to what I charge. With mine you get over 50 hrs of lecture and 3 months minimum support online.
BTW Skeleton are you on the new forums we have setup for the students?
SplineGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2024, 05:08 AM   #6
Vnnrderbe
Registered Member

I've been on the hunt for a good place to find classes on Lightwave or general computer animation, but so far, I've only come across seminars. Living on the KS and MO border, I'm open to options in either state. If anyone has recommendations for quality classes or resources, I'd really appreciate the essay writing services help. Finding a structured course would be a game-changer for me!
Vnnrderbe is offline   Reply With Quote