Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Site News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-05-2003, 09:55 PM   #16
Mark
Super Moderator

Ohh yes (*nods appreciatively*) much, much easier on the eyes. Thanks David.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 02:11 AM   #17
CheesEv
Registered Member

Despite the new features, I believe that I prefered the old layout. I would be satisfied if only the number of new posts was displayed on the front page again.

I'm looking forward to the establishment/linking of the whole simply3Dworld community.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:04 AM   #18
Kevin

you know what mate.... I have some major issues also with the site..

I love the new features but really dislike the colour...

I dont mind the banner - so as to bring it in line with our maya site and our upcomming simply3dmax site but the links need brightening a little.

but I am not liking it!

When created it I was using my 21 inch diamond monitor at work and it gave an over appereance of eveything a little "brighter"

I have a busy week next week trying to get the 3dmax site up before I go away..or at least almost ready.... but I am also going to be working on some new gfx for this site

*KEV NOT HAPPY
Old 03-05-2003, 08:29 AM   #19
Johnny9ball
Super Moderator

If I might make a suggestion. I would try and unify the colors a bit more. Useing mostly two colors for the boxes backrounds can be confusing on the eyes. If I was gonna use different colors for boxes I would use different colors for different sections, not two backround colors in the same section, it feels like when I am reading or looking at a section and the box next to it is a different color that the box belongs to a different section all together, and not the same one I am reading. For instance the random tutorials backrounds should be the same color. Just an obversation. I like the right where the Key section is a differnet color to offset it from the tutorials. But on top the welcome box should have one backround color because it is one section.

Johnny9ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 09:40 AM   #20
David
Administrator

Originally posted by CheesEv
Despite the new features, I believe that I prefered the old layout. I would be satisfied if only the number of new posts was displayed on the front page again.

I'm looking forward to the establishment/linking of the whole simply3Dworld community.
It is in exactly the same place as it was b4?

There has been 112 posts today for a total of 5409 posts in all forums.
Or have I missed something?
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 09:57 AM   #21
Kvaalen
Full Access Member

I think CheesEv is talking about the possibility to see how many unread posts you have and click on "View unread posts" on the home page, I would also like that back.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:09 PM   #22
CheesEv
Registered Member

Originally posted by Kvaalen
I think CheesEv is talking about the possibility to see how many unread posts you have and click on "View unread posts" on the home page, I would also like that back.
Yup
Old 05-05-2003, 10:48 AM   #23
David
Administrator

Originally posted by Kvaalen
Ahhh ok guys ill put it back at some point today
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 05:22 PM   #24
CheesEv
Registered Member

Lightbulb

Thanks. While you're making modifications, I figure I'll make a suggestion:
On the left of this page
(<---- over there)
it says, "You have uploaded:" Scripts, Models, etc. I suggest that this be changed to say "User has uploaded:" since the reader and the poster may be different people. Thanks!
Old 06-05-2003, 02:57 PM   #25
dugg
Registered Member

Perhaps its me... I used to like logging to a page which said like,"10 new posts" which when I clicked took me to a list of threads which have changed.
I haven't been able to re-create that entrance in the new site.
dugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 05:27 PM   #26
Mark
Super Moderator

dugg, if you look on the homepage, there is a link just above the points/top 5 threads section that says 'View new posts' - this should be what you're looking for.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:56 PM   #27
rich_is_bored
Full Access Member

Here is an idea. I have no clue if its possible or not though.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could keep a list of your favorite threads. That way when you need to look up something you've forgotten how to do you could just bring up the thread that talked about it.
rich_is_bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 11:09 PM   #28
Mark
Super Moderator

Rich, at the bottom of the screen is a link that says 'subscribe to this thread'. Click that and you'll not only be sent a message (if your user prefs are set up that way) whenever the thread is updated, but if you go into the User CP you can then view all your subscribed threads (if none are showing, then click on the subscribed threads in your control panel - I think it only defaults to showing those that you've responded to recently).

Since every thread you ever respond to is stuffed into the subscribed thread list, you'll need to do some judicious pruning of the list over time.

Hope this helps...
Old 04-06-2003, 11:49 PM   #29
danielh68
Full Access Member

Hi,

I'm a lightwave user and happened to stumble onto this site. It looks fantastic, however I'm not sure on what to do concerning dowloading tutorials, points, purchasing, etc. Isn't there a FAQs page or About Us to help first-timers on the process? Perhaps, it's here and I'm just not seeing.

Thanks in advance,
Dan
danielh68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 11:55 PM   #30
Kevin

Originally posted by danielh68
Hi,

I'm a lightwave user and happened to stumble onto this site. It looks fantastic, however I'm not sure on what to do concerning dowloading tutorials, points, purchasing, etc. Isn't there a FAQs page or About Us to help first-timers on the process? Perhaps, it's here and I'm just not seeing.

Thanks in advance,
Dan
funny you should say that! The faq page was accidently destroyed while moving server...

but...it will return soon.

untill then: you can download any free tutorial here: http://www.simplylightwave.com/movie...html?cat_id=23

then if you like what you see you can but some vip points... these go from 14 points upwards and cost from 14 uk pounds upwards...with them points you can download more vids from here:

http://www.simplylightwave.com/movie_pages/index.mhtml

each tutorial part has a points value that is on that particular tutorial page

Also you can ask questions at any time and Im sure one of the gurus here can help you.

also welcome to simply lightwave