Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Competitions > Previous Challenges & Competitions Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 26-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #16
s2-speedy
Registered Member

the inner mouth is always good 2 model if u plan on animating him or pose him with mouth open but no need 4 feet unless he takin his boots off lol

Cant help u wiv the hair mate sorry. the only hair i ever did was modeled and it wasnt that good. glad my character doesnt have any lol.

good luck thou
s2-speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 05:22 AM   #17
Ave
Registered Member

im going to use him in an animation so im going to need him to talk, but I wont do all the morphs until the end -if there is any time left in this challenge......

yeah I gave him the chop, so he is now officially feetless and can go on disability grant, but i was quite sad to see them off- they were the nicest looking feet iv done so far, oh well thats Murphy's law

haha glad to see im not the only one- his hair looked like some kind of funky mushroom type growth which isnt very sly like- well not at this stage of his life anyway..... :-)

wasnt it you that during the last challenge came across a problem in rigging where your character contorted out of shape?? I came across a tutorial the other day that deals with that issue- I can give you the url, unless of course you figured it out....
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 06:16 AM   #18
Mark
Super Moderator

For hair, try taking a look at the techniques used in the 'Full tilt' short at the menithings website: http://www.menithings.com/manual/Til...php?action=how
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 06:48 AM   #19
s2-speedy
Registered Member

Hey Ave,

yeah it was me that had the problem with the skeleton, the riggin went well but when i opened up a saved scene, the model was all over the place. I thought sum1 planted a bomb in there over night, lol i opened up the scene and my characters bodyparts were completed mashed and all over the place. hehe

i did manage to sort the problem but I 4got how i fixed it now lol think it was fallenswordsman who helped me out.
Old 27-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #20
Ave
Registered Member

that happened to me- its quite frustrating, the little lightwave pixies did it I tell you :-)

anyway the lecturer dealt with it on one of the tutorials on Ikboost at http://ikboost.com/?cat=1

really really really good if you want to learn to rig and animate using ikboost-

hey mark thanks for the link- thats exactly what i was looking for- its going to help a lot!!
Old 04-02-2008, 03:59 AM   #21
Ave
Registered Member

Ok here is where I am up to...... just started doing some texturing, the hair is a quick default sas thing going there, im gonna to shape it a little better, but I wanted to see how it would look with some old wild hair- so u get the general picture, besides for that UV mapping is a #$@@#$!%^ insert what ever you want there

sack man 4 days left, I dont rate im going to make it, but iv got my coffee, red bull, multivitamins and a fluffy blue wiry thing- im not sure what thats doing on my desk.......

but here goes!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sylvester10.jpg (72.1 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-02-2008, 12:50 PM   #22
Fallenswordsman

Certainly is looking good from the model's perspective (not in the "Hey I find this guy attractive" perspective!)

I think you've done extraordinarily well considering the amount of time you've had - best of luck with the final push
Fallenswordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #23
jocco
Full Access Member

I like it ! Good luck Ave !
Old 04-02-2008, 06:15 PM   #24
Ave
Registered Member

Fallenswordsman: hahahahahaha glad to hear u dont find him attractive in that way- when I model a kate beckinsdale ill let u no :beer:

thanks for the support- I appreciate it

hey jocco!! long time, havent seen u around the forum for quite some time- thanks also 4 the support.......
Old 05-02-2008, 04:55 AM   #25
JohnD5000
Registered Member

Looking good.

Like the texturing and old fashioned style glasses.

Are you texturing the shorts? Make them a bit browny and old looking I think would look good. A few stains or something.

Check out my Tyrobosaurus Mechs thread!
JohnD5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #26
Ave
Registered Member

thanks bro, yeah im giving him red and blue checked boxers sticking out his pants, and I had originally planed to give him normal boxing shorts over that, but old brown hession cloth might be very funny- like those old 1930 fighters......... hahaha
Old 05-02-2008, 09:56 PM   #27
s2-speedy
Registered Member

Originally posted by JohnD5000

Are you texturing the shorts? Make them a bit browny and old looking I think would look good. A few stains or something.
hehe do u mean a P!$$ stain or a tea stain JohnD lol

hey ave, i agree with the guys, looking good with the time scale u had. like the glasses, very woody allen like

hope u finish.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:40 AM   #28
JohnD5000
Registered Member

Originally posted by s2-speedy
hehe do u mean a P!$$ stain or a tea stain JohnD lol
A bit of both. Just some random stains that no one will ever know what they are or would ever want to know.

Check out my Tyrobosaurus Mechs thread!
JohnD5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:05 AM   #29
Mark
Super Moderator

Ewwwww http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sick/sick0021.gif
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #30
Ave
Registered Member

hahahahahaha u dudes are not well!!

I textured his shorts, that old brown cloth was a good idea, its looking sweet- altho no weird stains this time- he must have had his colostomy bag plugged in

well im almost finished, got a few more details to put in, gotta do the background still, and a few more textures...... then its over the top into no mans land!!! 2 days left!!!!!!!!!!