Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Competitions > Previous Challenges & Competitions Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 28-12-2007, 09:07 PM   #46
TowerFan
Full Access Member

Hey Speedy, you've got some great morphs going on there. This is the point for me that character modeling/animation really pays off. All the hard work is worth it when you can see the character "come-to-life".

Great work Speedy, keep it up!!!
Old 29-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #47
s2-speedy
Registered Member

thanks Towerfan - totally agree wiv u. love doin the morphs and seeing them work
s2-speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #48
s2-speedy
Registered Member

More Progress coming later today, I began work on the scene a bit. Currently modelling and texturing the dodgeball arena (Court) and Ball/s

Note to self : Rhino still needs riggin
Old 16-01-2008, 04:31 AM   #49
Fallenswordsman

Cool beans - will be nice to see some new progress shots. :beer:
Fallenswordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #50
JohnD5000
Registered Member

Good stuff. Hope to see more progress soon. Are you the only one on here doing this challenge? I've often thought about doing one myself but I just never get round to it.

Check out my Tyrobosaurus Mechs thread!
JohnD5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 06:06 AM   #51
s2-speedy
Registered Member

Thanks guys.

:beer:

Yeah looks like im the only 1 in this comp from lightwave, theres always quite a few at maya competing thou, but a few ppl drop out due too other stuff they gota do. U should jump on the challenge john (or mayb give the next 1 ago) still got till feb 10th, im really enjoyin it
Old 17-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #52
s2-speedy
Registered Member

heres the updates - this is what my dodgeball court will look like. i dont really have much reference on how the court is meant to be layed out, most where basketball courts. this is the actual texture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg court_texture.jpg (59.6 KB, 51 views)
Old 17-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #53
s2-speedy
Registered Member

i also worked on the ball, and some colours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dodgeball01.jpg (86.8 KB, 50 views)
Old 17-01-2008, 04:14 PM   #54
Mark
Super Moderator

Nice. Like the red ball best. Also, on the court, I'd make the boundary lines a little thinner (say around 2/3 the width they currently are) and I'd change the court text to read 'Home team' and 'Away team' rather than 'Team 1' and 'Team 2'. Also, make all the text on the court face the same way (think having a TV camera watching the game - face all the text away from the team return benches). Also, to be honest, I'd create the court lines and text as a separate texture and then use that as an overlay - adding quite a high gloss, specular, slightly reflective texture to make it look like that shiny tape they use on real courts. Add a slight displacement and a really small fractal microbump and you should be away...
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 04:32 PM   #55
s2-speedy
Registered Member

hey mark,

Thanks 4 the input. its funny most the things u said i thought about, like the lines, i was goin to do them thinner but i duno y i didnt i think it slipped my mind afterwards. yeah home team and away team does sound better, that 1 i didnt think of.
and u make a good point bout the TV and the text all facin 1 way - ill b sure 2 make those changes.
I did play around wiv the reflectiveness of the floor i made it really reflective but i wasnt happy with it, id prob need to do more tests really, this was jus a play around and to show progress. or do u mean jus the tape to b reflective n shiny?

Thanks again ill look into what u said.
Old 17-01-2008, 04:44 PM   #56
Mark
Super Moderator

Yep .. was just thinking of the tape.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 04:52 AM   #57
JohnD5000
Registered Member

Originally posted by s2-speedy
U should jump on the challenge john (or mayb give the next 1 ago) still got till feb 10th, im really enjoyin it [/B]
I'll see what happens although I doubt I'll actually have the time this time round to do it. Got a project for someone coming up that I'll really need to work on and there's a couple of other things I'd like to get done first too. But maybe one day.

As for the update, looking good. I think a slight bit of shine and reflection to the court would be good. But it should be quite subtle if you're going to do it. If it's a game that would be broadcast on TV then they would polish the floors before it.
If you're turning text round I think it should be the text on the return areas and the camera would from the right of your texture shot.

Check out my Tyrobosaurus Mechs thread!
JohnD5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 10:48 PM   #58
s2-speedy
Registered Member

Cheers for the comment JohnD

the floor does have a slight reflection, u can see the coloured balls bein reflected although it may look like a shadow as its greyish and not the colour of the ball. I shall work on that thou later on, as I gota get back to rigging the rhino.

Thanks.
Old 27-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #59
Ave
Registered Member

the expressions you got on your morphs are excellent! gonna be hard to decide which one to choose for the final pic

so anything else to show us yet??
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 10:48 AM   #60
s2-speedy
Registered Member

Cheers ave,

I havent worked on rhino 4 a while, but i did make some changes on the court. i took some screenshots too. was meant to show progress but i havnt brought them with me. ill post them when i get home