Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Your Work > W.I.P
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 23-04-2005, 08:19 PM   #1
AverageJoe
Registered Member

Default Help with explosion...pwease?

Hey guys, I'm making a nuke explosion for a game and decided to use morph maps for the animation to make it easy...but it's turned into a headache.

I have a part where it's very small, then expands to form the cap and then rises, but right after it forms the cap (frame 20 of 60) it litteraly stays in place for 5 frames and then rapidly shoots up. Now obviously this shouldn't happen but it is and I'm out of answers.

Has anybody ever modeled a mushroom cloud (low poly) and how did you do it?

Another thing is the texture for it. I rendered some hypervoxels, two of them.

I had a large grey one in the back and a fairly large one in front that si yellow-reddish.
The yellow one is supposed to crawl outward and shrink from covering the entire image to only about half of it to reveal the grey hypervoxel, not it shrinks fine but the crawling motion is weird. I am thinking of keeping it the same size and instead changing the outer alpha values over time. How would I do this?

Now the grey one I want to crawl in but it continually snaps about every tenth frame. I have the speed (or whatever it is) at -100%. How do I get a hypervoxel to suck inwards?

I'm not sure if this should be in any other board but I put it here because ti doesn't fit in modeler or layout. :-/

oyvey,
-Joe
Old 19-05-2005, 06:31 PM   #2
hoopti
Full Access Member

I think there's an example of this in the classic content part of the program. Not sure where it is in there, but I know I've seen an atomic explosion scene in there somewhere.

Hoop

"Problems worthy of attack, prove their worth by hitting back." -- Piet Hein
hoopti is offline   Reply With Quote