Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Members Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-06-2006, 03:03 PM   #1
Kurtis
Registered Member

Default New LightWave Profile - Dogfight

Interview with Radical 3D about Visual Effects for Dogfight
June 01, 2006

Radical 3D is the VFX house behind the History Channel special Dogfights: The Greatest Air Battles. Utilizing LightWave 3D, Radical 3D produced over 270 FX shots, nearly 45 minutes of original animation for the show, on only four workstations. The animation was of sufficient quality to make some History Channel representatives believe they were viewing actual historical camera footage. With the success of the special, Radical 3D is now working with the History Channel to produce an ongoing series, Dogfight, to begin airing this fall. We recently spoke to Jason McKinley, owner of Radical 3D about his experiences trying to get this new series off the ground.
Full profile...
Old 19-06-2006, 01:41 AM   #2
Romantic101
Registered Member

Cool Dogfight

That sounds incredible... I'm beginning at modeling and I've been trying to model my own WWI aeroplanes, it's pretty difficult, but well worth the effort. I can't wait to see the series!

I am a man, but I can change...
If I have to... I guess...
Romantic101 is offline   Reply With Quote