Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Site News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-06-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
mtmckinley
The Maya Mountain

Default Texturing Challenge Winner!

Congrats and thank you to all who participated in our first texturing challenge! It was challenging to think of how a texturing challenge might be fair and I was glad to see the provided models get such good use! I hope everyone who participated managed to learn something and have fun as well.

The judging, while with few entries, was still very challenging to pick a winner! Those of you who managed to make it to the end all did an excellent job!

Winners!
-----------

1st Place

tweetytunes

(you may need to be a member of SimplyMaya to view this image.)

Congrats! Great presentation and consistency of style. Nice render too! Send me your mailing info and I'll get your signed book in the mail!

2nd Place

sandman300

Very nice job, sandman! With a bit more consistency of style and a last coat of polish, this could have easily been #1, but even so, it looks great and you gave Sir Cadbury a lot of character through your textures!

3rd Place

Perfecto

Nice job, perfecto! I liked the modifications you made to the base model as well as the presentation on the stand. You added some nice details with the scope and strap and I liked the ingenuity shown in creating custom textures through models and rendering in 3D!

Congrats again everyone! The new challenge is now available!

http://forum.simplylightwave.com/sho...&threadid=5171
mtmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:17 PM   #2
Fallenswordsman

Well done, Sandman for the second place spot. You did well, mate :beer:
Fallenswordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
Mark
Super Moderator

Aye, I'll second that. (ha ... geddit? :headbang: )

Seriously, well done Sandman, and congratulations to the other winners.

Comiserations to all the others who entered, but didn't make it this time.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote