Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Site Questions & Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-11-2008, 02:46 AM   #16
tought
Registered Member

That's cool
tought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #17
Juice
Full Access Member

Is simplymaya not online anymore? I have points there, but it says the domain simplymaya.com is parked! ... I had no informations about that, and I think I had 300 points there!Maybe I can transfer them here to simplylightwave? any help?
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:59 PM   #18
ellis
Lifetime Member

Simplymaya is still online but the site's been moved and is currently hosted at

http://www.simply3dworld.com

So don't worry, your points are not lost.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:14 AM   #19
Juice
Full Access Member

now I see what happens, thank you for the information ellis
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #20
despraise
Registered Member

hi guys!, Great offer, thanks!
Old 22-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #21
Papillon626
Registered Member

I like the idea of a point system, but I really do think there should be more ways to acquire them. I have no money to purchase them, and while I would like to try and be active on the forums, I'm still a little green around Lightwave and not too helpful except with absolute beginners. My starting points were barely enough to get me one whole tutorial, and I kind of need one of the others because I've got a big project this semester. (My teacher keeps teaching us about layout, but hardly anything with modeler.)
Papillon626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #22
ellis
Lifetime Member

Hi,

I'm glad to hear you like the points system. I like it too as I think it's nice to be able to pay for only the parts that you're interested in and not have to purchase a full project at once.
I take it you've already gone through the tutorials in the free section, there's quite few things there on modeler and even if they were made a while back the instructors who made them are very skillful in Lightwave so you should be able to learn a fair bit there.

For a way to get points you could take part in one of the bi-monthly challenges held over at Simply Maya, the prize is 100 points and they can be transferred to Simply Lightwave or Simply Max. They're open for all software normally, and as they run over a two month period it should give you plenty of time to finish a project, even if your skills in 3D would be a bit limited. As well you learn quite a bit while going through one. Below is a link to the one that finished a few days back and in the end only one guy completed it so it's a good way to get some points at the moment. I think the one before that only had three entries in the end as well.

http://srv01.simply3dworld.com/showt...threadid=33539
http://srv01.simply3dworld.com/showt...threadid=33880

I think the Avatar one was quite difficult, but if you have a look at some of the older ones here it will give you a better general idea.
http://srv01.simply3dworld.com/forum...=365&x=19&y=12

There should be a new challenge starting in a week or so, I'll post it on this site as well when it does. And you could give it a go, nothing to loose
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 08:35 AM   #23
NelsonJames
Full Access Member

I've still got a few points left. Yea me !
NelsonJames is offline   Reply With Quote