Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Animation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-02-2005, 09:11 AM   #1
Krull
Registered Member

Default Cloth wont stay on

Hey guys.

Sorry I haven't been around much ive been animating a big project for the school film festival (also as my film reel for my college I intend to go to) my scene consists of two warriors one has a skirt, I put cloth fx on it and put some collision objects around thighs and knees everything starts to work fine untill my warrior starts to move.... in short.... his skirt comes off ( no pun intended) it follows him a little but when he starts to move faster it just whisps right off of him... I got it parented to the pelvis and I got it using the characters weightmaps so what am I doing wrong.... any help will be gratified. thanks
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 09:17 AM   #2
Krull
Registered Member

never mind about this one my LW buddy told me it was the weight maps.... but now I got a new problem... how do I make foot prints???? I can't find tutorials anywhere, I know it invovles cloth fx and ive done something similar I just can't get it to work right any help or tutorials would be great thanks
Old 07-02-2005, 01:34 AM   #3
ranhell
Registered Member

Default hi

go to Kurvstudios.com there is a dvd there for you.
ranhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 02:55 AM   #4
Krull
Registered Member

Hey man im am poor I can't afford 39.95 ( I also can't afford the 60,000 $ to go to college) in 5 months I got to switch to maya isn't there some free tutorials ( or has everything really gone corporate? :p ) and just to let everyone know the eagles suck can't belevie I bet 5$ on em (now I got to come up with 5$ that's hard enough for me) thanks again for info tho.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:39 PM   #5
kumar
Full Access Member

Hmm,, all i will say is cloth fx seems to be the way to go for accurate footprints. But remember that the ground does not move... So a higher values are in order... Not to mention setting the parts that are not moving. Hmm its been some time since i attacked cloth... but you need to keep at it... I am sure it will work.
kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 06:12 PM   #6
Mark
Super Moderator

Or you could use displacement maps using an animated texture. Could be a bit of a pig to get right, but would be easier than using cloth...
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 08:57 AM   #7
Krull
Registered Member

Ok I finally figured it out... took some messing with cloth fx... ive now mixed cloth fx (Mud) with worley's acid plugin and im getting great results thanks for help.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:52 PM   #8
kumar
Full Access Member

Welcome,
kumar is offline   Reply With Quote