Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > LightWave Basics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 30-05-2006, 08:42 PM   #1
Reese Richardson
Full Access Member

Default Light behind object

Working on Rocket Ship. Wanted to do something a little different
and animated the rocket to move. When the rocket pasted over a star light the star light shown through. Tried many things no results. Is there a solution?
Reese Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
nemac4
Super Moderator

Under the lens flare options, click the check box to enable Fade Behind Objects.

I hope to see your renders soon!

:beer:
nemac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2006, 11:57 PM   #3
Reese Richardson
Full Access Member

I'd tried that, when I saw it was a problem I tried everything under light properties. I'm not sure it can be done. I can get around I'll just move the light but that's not the point.
Reese Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2006, 01:03 AM   #4
nemac4
Super Moderator

hmm,.. now that is odd. Could you be referring to the opengl display? It will still show the star's lens flare in Layout's openGL but not in the render.
nemac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2006, 02:55 AM   #5
Romantic101
Registered Member

Another thing you can do for a star is create a polygon the size you want the star to appear as and put it in the distance with glow enabled and the luminoscity cranked up. I love rendering space scenes and have been perfecting my backgrounds. One picture I rendered of a sun, my mom saw it and thought it was an actual image... here's a pic of the sun with some point poly stars in the background with glow enabled, this render was before I turned off the anomorphic streaks to create a more realistic look, and I'm also still working on perfecting the sun. But anyway; Good luck, and let us know how your render turns out (hope this helps).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_2.jpg (53.8 KB, 31 views)

I am a man, but I can change...
If I have to... I guess...
Romantic101 is offline   Reply With Quote