Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Competitions > Previous Challenges & Competitions Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-01-2007, 08:44 AM   #1
Warlock 279
Registered Member

Default January/February - Warlock 279

Well, I wanted to get in on this one, and finally had a chance to sketch, and mock something up. Keeping it simplish in form, but that won't stop me from having a lot of fun with it.

My creature is sort of a mix between a hyena and an alien monkey/gorilla. Not sure where it came from just sorta went with where the skecth took me. Had spikes on his back first, but decided to make them tufts of fur instead.

Haven't sorted out what shape the ears will take yet, or what I'll do with the top of the head, if I'll carry the tufts of hair over to there as well or not. Probably figure that stuff out when I get there. I'd imagine the whole thing will change as I go along, but that can be half the fun.

Anyway I present the initial stages of my "Alien-hyena-monkey-gorilla" or something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alien hyena monkey - comp_01.jpg (37.9 KB, 94 views)
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #2
CrazyMerlin
Registered Member

impressive start Warlock!

I'm looking forward to seeing this progress.

I would love to join in this one, but I have 6 book covers to finish before June so I simply don't have time for it.

I really look forward to seeing work from others though as this sounds like a great challenge.

Peace,
//erlin!

My web; My work (click)
CrazyMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote