Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Rendering, Lighting, Texturing and Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 14-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #1
tdunham
Registered Member

Default Windshield render

A bizarre problem is confounding me at the moment with rendering a windshield in LW 9.6. The windshield looks fine in the perspective window of Layout - it contours the curve of the vehicle that it is attached to. But after doing a frame render the windshield renders out completely flat. It is connected at the bottom to the vehicle but then goes straight up like a wall. I cannot figure out why the windwhield looses it curve.: Anyone have any ideas????
tdunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #2
leroy3rd
Lifetime Member

Is it a subD object? Maybe your render order needs tweaking?

EDIT: Also, maybe your display subdivision level is much higher thanyour render ssubdivision level? I haven't used LW9 for a long time, so, I can't remember exactly which options are available...
Old 14-09-2014, 11:05 PM   #3
rwhunt99
Full Access Member

I realize this is an old post, but wonder if you got it figured out, sometimes a screen shot of the problem might allow us to see what could be the problem?
Old 24-11-2015, 10:36 AM   #4
cheepman
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rwhunt99 View Post
I realize this is an old post, but wonder if you got it figured out, sometimes a screen shot of the problem might allow us to see what could be the problem?
There are a lot of misconceptions,we wanted to look at the most common questions we receive and provide some clarity on this topic.