Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Site Questions & Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 17-09-2006, 09:13 PM   #1
cg_mike
Full Access Member

Default Site status (for purchases)

There are some tutorials here that I'd like to buy, but is it wise to do so right now? Are the admins away indefinitely...or is the current state of things just a glitch that will soon be sorted out?
cg_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 09:40 PM   #2
leroy3rd
Lifetime Member

Haven't got a clue... I haven't heard a word since I ordered on Monday... I've send emails and PM's, AND posted on the forum... you might want to wait until we recieve a response back from the admins...

-LeRoy3rd

Added 9/26/06:
It's now been over a week, and I still haven't recieved ANY response after having problems with a $200+ order I placed... They DID charge me, but I haven't recieved any response to any of my problems. (I've emailed, pm'd, posted on this forum, AND posted on simplymaya.com)... I would NOT reccomened buying anything until this is sorted out...

Last edited by leroy3rd; 21-09-2006 at 01:38 PM.
leroy3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 01:19 PM   #3
nemac4
Super Moderator

Last I heard, they are still working out server issues and the site owner is setting up an office after moving to a new location. I think he was having trouble with internet connectivity. I don't know the current status though.
nemac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 12:37 AM   #4
Fallenswordsman

Good to hear something, David. I hope that things get cleared up soon...got some of your fine tutes to purchase!
Fallenswordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 05:48 AM   #5
Fallenswordsman

Looks like Tubby is running the show at the moment and he's pretty much got his hands full with the recent outages. So right now, best policy would probably be to post queries over in SimplyMaya where Tubby is more likely to spot problems (dvd area probably the best part of the forum) and then give it a few days.
Old 22-09-2006, 09:20 AM   #6
Tseng
Full Access Member

Thumbs down

Hmm I wish I had seen this before I placed my order, well if they don't get back to me about the download problems before this weekend then I will dispute my order with Paypal, simple as that.
Tseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 09:36 AM   #7
Fallenswordsman

Tseng - I think Tubby is slowly getting things back in shape. DVD orders are being sent out but he may have to do one or two things manually. I can only advise what I've been saying to others which is to post problems over at SimplyMaya's DVD forum (simplymaya.com) where Tubby is more likely to respond. He usually takes a couple of days though. There is a post there about what's happening as well.
Old 22-09-2006, 09:42 AM   #8
Tseng
Full Access Member

Hello there Fallenswordsman,

The thing is that I have the same problem as Salesag,

"Sorry you have accessed this page more than 150 times today. Please try again tomorrow. BACK 1"

So I am not waiting for any DVD's to be sent out at least, but never the less I spent over US$ 400 buying points and this problems doesn't sound good at all.

So I may dispute my order and then come back as a customer when things are back to normal, because the tutorials are in the end great.

By the looks of messages from other users, it has been going on for quite some time now, I just wish I been reading the forums first :/
Tseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 05:55 PM   #9
cg_mike
Full Access Member

Originally posted by nemac4
Last I heard, they are still working out server issues and the site owner is setting up an office after moving to a new location. I think he was having trouble with internet connectivity. I don't know the current status though.

Bummer! I wanted to buy a couple of your tutorials.

Hope they get this place back up and running soon.
Old 29-09-2006, 04:09 PM   #10
Tubby
A lemon tart

All 150/e-mails errors now fixed.

Time and date error to follow in the next few days.

It was leave as it was till we worked out a way of fixing it or taking everything off-line for two weeks to do it. We opted for the former.
Old 30-09-2006, 02:37 PM   #11
cg_mike
Full Access Member

Thanks, Tubby!

If this mean that downloads and points will be working correctly, then I'll make my purchase in the next couple of days.
:beer:
Old 01-10-2006, 07:55 AM   #12
Tubby
A lemon tart

150 errors only happened to a very few users on all Simply sites, normally those who try to use a download accelerator (with multi threads running) or those downloading one thing after another in quick succession. The database can't update so it locks the user out. It does not effect everyone.

Sadly this means the database has to be rebuilt, which normal only takes 20 mins or so, slows the site right down to crawl.

But to do this I have use the management console, which lives on the mail server and as the mail server died I had no access to the console, hence the problems caused.

The points are issued from a different server so they would not have been effected, you may have not gotten a Simply site confirmation email regarding your points purchase, but you would have gotten your points added and confirmation via Paypal. Sometimes points are not added automatically, this is normally down to Paypal not sending confirmation to us which would complete the process. In which case you would just email us and we would manually add your points to your account.

Hope this clears up some issues