Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Site Questions & Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-02-2004, 06:17 PM   #1
mtmckinley
The Maya Mountain

Default HOW TO GET POINTS

Heya, folks,

We here at SimplyLightwave and all the Simply sites pride ourselves on being able to provide high quality video tutorials and instructional series to further your working knowledge of the world's best high-end software!

Doing so is not cheap, however, so, while we do offer freebies, we do have to charge a reasonable amount in order to afford bandwidth, servers, site upkeep, software, etc. and give you a quality, ad-free, community experience!

The way our VIP area works is that you acquire points. The more points you purchase at one time, the cheaper they are per point. Not convinced? Try it out with a 2-point starter pack!

Each video is given a point value based on the amount of bandwidth and upkeep that video requires. Shorter videos will be a single point. Usually, 20-30 min+ will be 2 points because of the longer length. The ones that are closer to an hour or more will be 3 points.

Once you've made your first point purchase, you become a "subscriber" and have access to a special forum where your questions about the tutorials and just any other questions you might have are given TOP priority!

Don't have any money? (One might wonder how you have such a highend 3D application...) You can also recieve points by entering our 2-month challenges! The winners recieve an amount of points as a prize. Another method is to be noticeably helpful around the forum and be voted the Member of the Month by the moderators. This will be announced around the beginning of each month. MOTM's get an amount of points as a reward for their helpful involvement.

Feel free to PM me or any of the other Admins or Mods here at SLW if you have further questions.

To view the VIP video area and purchase points, click here:
http://www.simplylightwave.com/movie_pages/

To view our freebie video section, click here:
http://www.simplylightwave.com/movie...html?cat_id=23

To view and possibly enter our current challenge, click here:
http://forum.simplylightwave.com/for...?s=&forumid=26
mtmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:45 PM   #2
Sir_Pro_View
Full Access Member

To anyone that cares! I feel our schools seem to not care anymore about the Arts and Music. I for one was blessed to have it in my school of course that was along time ago. The school system has been slacking majorly in the Arts department. Atleast in the USA it has, don't know much about anywhere else. And I feel that it is very important to beable to give our children knowledge of the Arts. I know alot of you aren't children :-) So I will donate 10 points a month. I just don't know how so You guys in charge get intouch with me.. So we can make it so....

Greg
Sir_Pro_View
Sir_Pro_View is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2004, 04:34 PM   #3
chrispo
Full Access Member

Such a fantastic offer. You reap what you sow mate. Impressed.
(you dont happen to donate to people like me? )

5 point polys, they just need to learn to subpatch and then we can all be freinds.www.thirddayimage.com
chrispo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 03:33 AM   #4
domydrugs
Registered Member

thats great!
domydrugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 05:01 AM   #5
kumar
Full Access Member

I am thinking wow too,,, but hows this,,, you donate to the challenge and the winner gets the extra points,,, or you can donate so that the freebie section gets more tutorials for everyone.... Thats my thought on it... But cool Sir_Pro_View
kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 06:35 PM   #6
Sir_Pro_View
Full Access Member

Hey guys.. I've been waiting for one of these guys to get ahold of me to see what I could do with this Donating points thing.. But no one has gotten intouch with me.. So its still kinda up in smoke. They have a nice option to transfer points to other Simplysites. but they haven't come up with Transfering points to members which would be nice.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:25 AM   #7
Kevin

Sir_pro

sorry there about this delay - If you want to purchase points then do so and then mail me and tell me whom you want to have your points that month, and I will transfer across.

I will ask dave about the option to transfer points to other members but I cannot see this being used by anyone but yourself to be honest, and it would not a viable to create such a complex system for one person (no offence meant here)

If more people wanted to do this then fine.

Best regards

kev
Old 10-03-2004, 12:37 PM   #8
Sir_Pro_View
Full Access Member

Thats understandable Kevin. And your right not to many people here would want to transfer points to each other.. I just think it would be nice to have the option. You know if someone was hurting for cash and only needed like say 1 or 2 points to download a tutorial he/she really wanted. It would cool to transfer it to them if the other person can spare the points.

As for Donating 10 points each month to someone.. I just don't want to give them away just because someone ask for them.. I was thinking along the line, maybe we can have a Challenge every month like we do already. But truly for the newbies. I don't know I'm kinda lots in that department. That's Why I was hoping you guys could come up with some ideas. Let me know and we'll see what we can come up with.

Greg
Old 10-03-2004, 01:06 PM   #9
kumar
Full Access Member

Cool idea,,, more points for the Lightwave Newbie.... Thats Nice...
kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 02:08 PM   #10
Kevin

Hi gregg

At this time we are very busy and the challenges even every 2 months takes up time, so another challenge would not be viable right now.

What I suggest is that you find the candidate that you want to give points to, by viewing there work you can see if they are a newbie.

We give points away to the newbie section of the challenges as is.

Also it would give mike even more work setting up another seperate challange, sorry if you may think my responses are negitive in any way but I feel the best and easiest way is to just pick someone you feel in your heart needs help

kev
Old 10-03-2004, 04:29 PM   #11
Sir_Pro_View
Full Access Member

That's cool Kevin makes sence.
Old 30-07-2004, 11:42 AM   #12
chrispo
Full Access Member

* peeks in the door and smiles his best smile... then runs before kevin see's...

5 point polys, they just need to learn to subpatch and then we can all be freinds.www.thirddayimage.com
chrispo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 05:26 PM   #13
binarydisaster
Registered Member

Question lifetime membership?

How much is a lifetime membership?
binarydisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2005, 05:31 AM   #14
R4s1n
Full Access Member

Sorry Binarydisaster they discontinued the lifetime membership about a year ago.
Old 17-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #15
hackers
Registered Member

i will starting now
hackers is offline   Reply With Quote