Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Competitions > Previous Challenges & Competitions Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2005, 03:31 PM   #1
mtmckinley
The Maya Mountain

Default July/August Challenge Final NORMAL Entries!

Post your finals here! Only final entries, please. If you'd like to comment on them, please do so at their original thread.

Final entires should be no larger than 640x480. If you'd like to post larger images, please link to them from your own hosting. Feel free to post wires, texture maps, etc and describe your entry.

Only images posted in the final entry threads will be considered up for the final judging.

Thanks!
Old 28-08-2005, 07:56 PM   #2
equinox
Full Access Member

Default Equinox-norm-Final

2 Minutes to Midnight

hey guys heres my final image for the fear and loathing theme for this competition.we have catagory 5 hurricain hitting us tonight so ill be without power for a week or maybe much longer.so before i sign off for a while i want to say great job to everyone who has entered the challenge and best of luck to you all.:beer:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2minutes to midnight.jpg (93.6 KB, 188 views)
Old 30-08-2005, 06:56 PM   #3
Ritual
Registered Member

Default Ryan Watkins - Norm - Final

Here is my final, I use one spotlight for key lighting, the candles are illuminated by one point light each “three lights total”, an area light use for fill light and a HDRI image that was used for the reflection not to light the scene.

This challenge for me was more about surfacing then about tweaking the lighting, after all what good is light if you don’t have anything interesting to illuminate.

I don’t want to give any kind of explanation of the final piece; I just hope each view finds their own story in the image.

Good luck to all.

Ryan Watkins
Attached Images
File Type: jpg final.jpg (193.7 KB, 149 views)

Old 31-08-2005, 04:45 AM   #4
iamsthitha
Registered Member

For this scene, almost all lighting was done by fire (using hypervoxels) and reflections. One light added a small ambience to the entire scene.
Only the central area was actually modelled. The blocks all around are dummies that add to the lighting and atmosphere of the scene.

High Resolution Image
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hellfinalsmall.jpg (64.4 KB, 142 views)
Old 31-08-2005, 11:03 AM   #5
robi1234
Registered Member

Default Masscare - Norm - Robby Elmaliah

The Masscare

This is my final frame. I use HDRI for the sky, and the whole scene was done by distance light and point light.

I'll let the frame do the talking.. hope u all like it and good luck to u guys!

Robby Elmaliah

Visit My Thread
Attached Images
File Type: jpg masscare.jpg (218.0 KB, 138 views)
Old 31-08-2005, 01:45 PM   #6
CrazyMerlin
Registered Member

Default Finished -- I think! lol

Well, the journey has finally reached its' end. I'm sad to have finished, but also relieved. I can now focus on the next project.

Fear & Loathing -- of what I once was, and what I almost became.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...finished01.jpg

Paul Allsopp aka CrazyMerlin.

Good luck to everyone.

My web; My work (click)
Old 31-08-2005, 06:36 PM   #7
sandfish
Registered Member

here is the final
i want to thanks all that helped ... much appreciated.
i hope i was able to help others.
for the words behind the scene... please visit my thread.
good luck to all :beer: :beer:
'till the next episode....

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/185...05188rb.th.jpg
Old 31-08-2005, 10:22 PM   #8
Warlock 279
Registered Member

...its been a trip...but here it is...come down to the end and i've finally got what i was looking for...

..alright if you're not sure what's going on...which i hope you can figure it out...but just in case [and everyone else gets to tell a story so i wanna tell one too!]...you know that itch you get when you're laying in bed at night...that one that feels like there's something crawling on you...sometimes you scratch it...but there never really anything there...well what if one night you woke up and that weren't the case?

...i'd like to thank nostromo...crazymerlin...and sandfish...as well as anyone else who comment in my WIP thread [found here: http://forum.simplylightwave.com/sho...5&pagenumber=1]...thanks guys...you've been great help!

...cpl versions so you can see what's goin on...the contrast is a little rough against the white forum and there's some small details you might not be able to make out on the 640 version...

...the 1280 version...large enough to fill the screen...
http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/5...80010ot.th.jpg

...and for the thrill seeker...here's the full res...
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2...00015gv.th.jpg

...and that's all i have to say...if you want to know anything else check my thread or PM or somethin'...i'll get some wires up over there in the next cpl hours...good luck everyone...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fear-and-loathing-[640]_01.jpg (94.3 KB, 112 views)
Old 01-09-2005, 07:11 AM   #9
san
Full Access Member

Hi to all, it's been a pleasure partisipate in this challenge. I do wish goodluck to everybody great work. It's good to be here. Here the image, I use one area light and two points for this one. Fire and smoke is Hyperwoxels.http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...erevyashan.jpg

Last edited by san; 01-09-2005 at 07:20 AM.
Closed Thread