Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Modeling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 25-02-2004, 03:40 AM   #1
pixelone
Registered Member

Default Modeling Clothes

My goal is to model a monk sitting in the meditation position. I am not sure how I am going to that just yet, but I am curious about how do you go about modeling clothes. i.e Robe that monks where. It would be a hooded robe covering his head only showing his face.

any ideas Abouth modeling the clothes on the monk in sitting position meditating?
pixelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2004, 08:33 AM   #2
Mark
Super Moderator

Well, you've got two real choices -

(1) Model the clothes as an integral, static part of the mesh. I'd do these as subpatches and then move the patches into position by hand - you could probably add a skeleton to the robe just as you would the main figure to get correct looking displacement.

(2) Model the clothes and apply motion designer to them. This would give you the most realistic cloth simulation, as the robes would be allowed to fall into the correct, natural configuration. However, this will take some time to calculate before you even begin to think about rendering.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2004, 02:21 PM   #3
chrispo
Full Access Member

What I do is grap the body, copy to a new layer, then grab all the polys the robe hits the body, then reassign a surface and smooth shift them out, or use thickener plugin, then tweak a bit and scale up slightly. Works for me, but I never have tackled real life organics before.

5 point polys, they just need to learn to subpatch and then we can all be freinds.www.thirddayimage.com
chrispo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2004, 03:09 PM   #4
kumar
Full Access Member

Go with no2,,,,,, as what mark said... MD rocks
kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2004, 03:34 PM   #5
chrispo
Full Access Member

Yes - pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

5 point polys, they just need to learn to subpatch and then we can all be freinds.www.thirddayimage.com
chrispo is offline   Reply With Quote