Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Members Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 21-02-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
Libraryguy
Full Access Member

Default Hey Simplylightwave!!!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site and new to lightwave and I wanted to introduce myself to the community.

I've just got my first copy of lightwave today and can't wait to get started learning the system. I taught myself modeling for three years and have been on a year hiatus due to RL problems. I started teaching myself on maya mostly by trial and error. I still consider myself a noob seeing as how I think I need a lot of work in all areas of the creative process. But I'm looking forward to honing my skills, and learning from the other people here on this site.

Anyway I just wanted to make a first post and give you guys a (very) brief introduction and say I'm excited to become part of the simplylightwave community.

Cheers! :beer:

Libraryguy
Libraryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 07:19 PM   #2
Johnny9ball
Super Moderator

Hi welcome! :attn:

You should get your feet wet with some of the free tutorials here. Phillip and David and Peter are excellent LW pro's.

http://www.simplylightwave.com/movie...html?cat_id=23

After you try a free tutorial or two you should try one of the big ones. Trust me there is nothing quite as cool as modeling a 10+ Hour tutorial with one of these LW pro's. You will learn a ton if you tackle the Mclaren or one of the character tutorials.

Welcome again and feel free to ask any questions about LW or the tutorials or anything!

Johnny9ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 10:34 PM   #3
Libraryguy
Full Access Member

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

I was looking though the tutorials and I think I am going to start with the spaceship tutorial before I go for the Mclaren (SP?) I started looking throughout the system and the free tutorials to get myself up to speed with lightwave. But its slow going learning the layout and familiarizing myself with how lightwave operates versus Maya. It going to be one of those :headbang: moments until I can figure out the ins and outs of the program.
Libraryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2006, 09:17 AM   #4
Johnny9ball
Super Moderator

Yes it does take a little bit. The best way to learn is jump right in feet first and start learning off the tutorials. Just pause or replay parts of the video and take your time at first.

Remember any questions just fire away Mark or I will easily be able to answer 99% of your questions regarding tutorials or the software. :attn:

Johnny9ball is offline   Reply With Quote