Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Members Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 17-09-2006, 07:52 AM   #1
salesag
Full Access Member

Angry WEBSITE DOWNLOAD ERROR!! NOT LETTING ME DOWNLOAD! NO RESPONSE FROM ADMIN!

Hello everyone,

Why am I getting this error on the download page, even after 24 hours that I have not downloaded anything?

"Sorry you have accessed this page more than 150 times today. Please try again tomorrow.
BACK 1"

IT IS NOT TRUE THAT I HAVE ACCESSED THIS PAGE MORE THAN 150 TIMES!

I spent $200 dollars purchasing these tutorials for download, and I haven't been able to download them! This is very frustrating!

The administrator of this site should respond to people who purchase the material or have some of the moderators here respond to these inquiries and/or troubleshooting.

The points are not cheap, but the lack of response makes it all worse!

Is there anyone who could help me solve this problem before I have to resort to Paypal customer service getting my money back?

Thanks,

Devon
Username: Salesag
salesag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 09:09 AM   #2
Tseng
Full Access Member

Angry Same problem

I got the same problem and no reply, have sent them my second email now, I hope I get an reply before Friday or I have to resort to Paypal as well.

I am sure there is some technical problem, but that doesn't mean you do not answer emails or not posting a message of some kind.

If it wasn't about so much money and the fact that I need to get this tutorials downloaded before the weekend then I wouldn't be making this a urgent matter.

Edit: Not even the time stamps seems to be correct at this site, seems that its thinks its 22 of September today. And no its not an display error at my side.

Last edited by Tseng; 22-09-2006 at 09:11 AM.
Tseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 03:59 PM   #3
Tubby
A lemon tart

All 150/e-mail errors now fixed.

No email was answered because the email server has been down for the last 12 days.

It was live with it till we fixed the problem or just take everything off-line for 2 weeks while we fixed it, we opted for the former.

Time and Date will be fixed very soon.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:58 AM   #4
Tubby
A lemon tart

150 errors only happened to a very few users on all Simply sites, normally those who try to use a download accelerator (with multi threads running) or those downloading one thing after another in quick succession. The database can't update so it locks the user out. It does not effect everyone.

Sadly this means the database has to be rebuilt, which normal only takes 20 mins or so, slows the site right down to crawl.

But to do this I have use the management console, which lives on the mail server and as the mail server died I had no access to the console, hence the problems caused.

The points are issued from a different server so they would not have been effected, you may have not gotten a Simply site confirmation email regarding your points purchase, but you would have gotten your points added and confirmation via Paypal. Sometimes points are not added automatically, this is normally down to Paypal not sending confirmation to us which would complete the process. In which case you would just email us and we would manually add your points to your account.

Hope this clears up some issues