Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Modeling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 20-12-2006, 06:19 PM   #1
Davoid
Full Access Member

Default Sub patch problem

Hello,
I am doing the "Candlelit Scene" tutorial and I am stuck with the first part of the pen tutorial. I am at the stage where the majority of the pen has been created, and I now hit the tab key to see how it will look sub d.
As you can see by the two images it gives me an error message, how do I correct this?

and

Thanks for any help,
David
Davoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 08:22 PM   #2
Mark
Super Moderator

You have either (a) some polygons with >4 faces or (b) a number of polygons with <3 faces.

In order to find them, use the Statistics panel (w key). If you have a number of degenerate (<3 sides) polys then the easiest way to get rid of them is to select them all in the statistics panel, then delete them. You might need to do a merge points afterwards just to tie up any loose ends.

If you have polygons with >4 points, you can either triple them (quick and dirty) or you can manually carve them up with the knife or split tools.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2006, 12:20 PM   #3
Davoid
Full Access Member

Thanks Mark for the reply, I think I will go back and recreate the object again (good practice any way).
Davoid is offline   Reply With Quote