Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Rendering, Lighting, Texturing and Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
jap
Registered Member

Default Serious problems with GI cashing in 9.6!

I have a serious problem to organize GI cashing for longer walk-through continuous animation.
As I don't have movable objects in a scene, I try first with FG.I made some tests on particular frames through animation, and when I got satisfied with settings, I bake radiosity for a whole animation.But...As render progressed, the results of cashed GI sampling seems to become less and less satisfied!On the end of animation, I got very obvious blotches, and I didn't have those in my particular tests before cashing!!
Also, if the rendering iz organized over more machines, or network, looks like only safe non-flickering preprocess method is "locked"- every other seems to make flickers.But, again, with what results?
I also try cashing with MC and Animation checked in scene with movable elements, but that's weird too!I also set preprocess on locked.When the render starts on a single machine, as it progress, the render time per frame becomes longer and longer.If I stoped rendering, and hit f9, I got much better render time. Also, rendering from a different machines in this case resulting with flickering, and the preprocess is set on locked!
In both cases I put frame steps on 2, or 3, considering the pretty easy moving of camera.Maybye I should put even more..
Anybody has an idea what to do?
Please help.
jap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 02:26 AM   #2
asha_hardwire
Registered Member

What format are you outputting to?
asha_hardwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 03:43 AM   #3
jap
Registered Member

Sequence..tga, sometimes .exr. But, that can not influence any of this problems, I guess.
jap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 07:33 AM   #4
asha_hardwire
Registered Member

Hmm sounds like quite a problem.

try .tif, or change camera settings (or type)

hope you find a way around it. that really sounds hassle for a project.
asha_hardwire is offline   Reply With Quote