Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Site Questions & Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 13-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
evolross
Full Access Member

Default Toy Car Tutorial Reference Issue

I've downloaded Part 1 of the Lightwave Toy Car Modeling Tutorial twice and both times, the "toy_car_reference.zip" file within the downloaded ZIP is corrupted and/or returning that 7-Zip "is not familiar with the compression format".

This is annoying considering it's a paid tutorial. Can you please check this and replace the ZIP file with a working one. I was able to pull the images off the Quicktime using screen grabs, again, that was really annoying.
evolross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
David
Administrator

The reference file works fine, you just need winzip to unpack it. Also if you go to the tutorial page you will see this

The reference files in this tutorial use the latest version of winzip Alternative versions may be found here

Hope this helps
David
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
evolross
Full Access Member

Thanks for the response and support. I did indeed miss that in the tutorial notes. I assumed it would open since the tutorials ZIPs themselves opened along with the exported assets ZIP. I downloaded WinZip and was able to extract the original reference ZIP that came with Part 1 of the tutorial.

FYI - your alternative ZIP file of the reference photos returns that it's invalid in both WinZip and 7-Zip. I tried it several times.

You may want to think about compressing your files using a standard format and with a program that's free and open-source, like 7-Zip. Just my humble suggestion as a paying customer.
evolross is offline   Reply With Quote