Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Modeling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-02-2004, 02:46 AM   #1
guyman182
Registered Member

Default Model Heads-Subpatching

Argh!! I'm getting so frustrated, I downloaded the 'Basic Head Modeling' tutorial. The man teaching it has Lightwave Modeler 7.5 I have version 7. I thought that wouldn't matter. But whenever I do one of the first steps, when you turn on subpatches. It's supposed to round out the polygons to help form the head. It comes up with an error that says 'Only faces with three or four vertices can be converted to SubPatches.' and it won't work at all. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!
guyman182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 03:21 AM   #2
Leovenous
Full Access Member

That has nothing to do with your version mano. It means that you have some polys with more than 4 points. You should figure out which ones are (with your statistics box) and split them. You may want to try to merge points also, just in case something messy is floating around. It could also be that you have some unwelded points.

Why it wont work at all I don't understand. It should work, at least for the polys with 4 or less vertices. Hit 'o' to check your options and make sure the patch divisions are at least 3.

Hope that helps.
Leovenous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 04:35 AM   #3
R4s1n
Full Access Member

when Philip layed out the references for the head he extruded his multi vertici polygon. After he did that he deleted the polygon with more that 4 vertices.
Now it should work.

My 2 cents.