Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Site Questions & Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-03-2003, 07:42 AM   #1
X-man
Full Access Member

Default McLaren tutorial

Are the isometric projections that are used as guides for the spline construction in Part 1 downloaded with the movie?

Where did they come from?
X-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 10:37 AM   #2
DigiMatt
Super Moderator

The blueprints are included in the 'setting up backdrops' part in the free training area.. they are originally taken from www.suurland.com I believe.
msn: eternal_e@hotmail.com
DigiMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 02:22 PM   #3
X-man
Full Access Member

Thanks!

It might be of interest that I worked for McLaren International in the years of '78 to '82. Those were the years of unregulated ground effects.

My tasks included fabrication and welding of virtually all non-powerplant components in addition to construction of wind tunnel models.

Interesting times.
Old 08-03-2003, 03:21 PM   #4
DigiMatt
Super Moderator

Thats cool X-man, then you will be able to tell us if our models are accurate when they are finnished
msn: eternal_e@hotmail.com
DigiMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 04:31 PM   #5
Kvaalen
Full Access Member

Cool

Originally posted by X-man
Thanks!

It might be of interest that I worked for McLaren International in the years of '78 to '82. Those were the years of unregulated ground effects.

My tasks included fabrication and welding of virtually all non-powerplant components in addition to construction of wind tunnel models.

Interesting times.

Cool! Did you get to drive one? :p
Kvaalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 07:01 PM   #6
X-man
Full Access Member

I was invited to drive one of the wind tunnel models, since they were of 1/3 scale and I am vertically challenged.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:11 PM   #7
philip
Tutorial Clown

welcome to SLW X-man!

DigiMatt is right: please let me know when you spot any mistake in the model; there's a lot of guesswork involved
Old 09-03-2003, 04:56 AM   #8
X-man
Full Access Member

Oh, my!
I won't be of any help with the accuracy of this model. I have never seen one of these road cars.
My time at McLaren was the age of the MP3 and MP4 (of which I still have a steering wheel!). The age of the normally aspirated Cosworth, and Ron Dennis was nothing more than human. How things have changed.
Yet now the task at hand is to make Lightwave3D conform to my will via your tutorials, which are proving very useful! This website is GREAT!