Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > LightWave Basics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-12-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
peepo
Full Access Member

Default Photorealistic Visualisation Tutorial

In part 7 of this (excellent) tutorial, David uses Add Edges on a modified face of a cylinder.

When I come to do this, I get the message

"Failed to build solid structure. Please unify or hide duplicate polygons"

I've built this in the same way, and done this several times with the same outcome - has anyone got any ideas on what is going wrong?

Im using LW 9.6 on a Mac

Cheers
peepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2010, 02:03 AM   #2
rwhunt99
Full Access Member

Not sure what you are doing, I haven't done that tutorial; however, it sounds like you have either multiple polys selected or something else going on. Usually when I get something like that, I check my statistics panel and check to see if I don't have double polys (one on top of another. Also select the poly and look at the section window and see how many polys are selected, if it says two then you need to go to detail > polygons > more > unify polygons, or try merge and see if any points are eliminated.
Old 15-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
peepo
Full Access Member

thanks - i've sorted this now, and i think you were spot on - there were some 3 point polys that had collapsed to a line. deleting these did the job
peepo is offline   Reply With Quote