Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Site Questions & Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 26-08-2004, 04:34 PM   #1
MVP
Full Access Member

Default MCLAREN ERRORS

HELP!

I keep getting that 'curves do not cross correctly' mesage when trying to patch these four splines. I have searhed on the internet about this erro rbut have found no working resolutions. Can anyone help?? If you would like me to send you the .lwo file I will do so...this is soooo annoying!!!

cheers in advance.

MVP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg problem.jpg (25.0 KB, 71 views)
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2004, 06:11 PM   #2
R4s1n
Full Access Member

I have attached a picture that shows where the curves connect. Make sure all the vertices in that area are welded to each other. First hit 'm' to merge points to see if the points are overlapping. If that doesn't solve your problem then manually weld the vertices together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg explanation.jpg (40.8 KB, 69 views)
Old 26-08-2004, 11:58 PM   #3
MVP
Full Access Member

Cheers for the reply R4s1n,

I have tried all sorts of welds etc with these points but they are all already welded! If i select the corner points it shows up as 4 points which is correct....I am still stuck, i just can't see anything wrong with it!! Any other suggestions??
Old 27-08-2004, 12:39 AM   #4
Mark
Super Moderator

Yes, try reversing some of your spline directions. Generally you want to make sure that each of the parallel curves run in the same direction (don't have LW in front of me at the moment, so I can't tell you exactly how to do this)...
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2004, 10:37 AM   #5
MVP
Full Access Member

Would anyone like a crack at fixing this badboy?? I have tried my damndest but just can't figure it out!! My address is guvnor2000@hotmail.com if anyone would care to mail me so that I may send the the .lwo file.

cheers in advance...i still have a few hairs i haven't pulled out yet!!
Old 28-08-2004, 01:52 PM   #6
MVP
Full Access Member

Success - i discovered in the CGTalk forum that it is because the 2 splines that carry on down and meet eachother need to be unwelded at that point. Nice one.