Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Modeling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-09-2003, 05:11 PM   #1
quaoar
Full Access Member

Default text on a curve

I am trying to model text along a helix path. Is there a way to do this that would allow changes later to the path.

Is this something to do in layout rather than modeler - I tried curve conform in layout but did not get the results i wanted.

thanks in advance
WorldofWarcraft- Dragonmaw Server:Alliance
quaoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 05:32 PM   #2
philip
Tutorial Clown

hmmm, that's a tough one...
here's something you could try for maximum flexibility:

make your helix curve, then, in individual layers place 1 point polys on that curve where you want your teyt to go. In a seperate file build your text model; one letter per layer, each one starting at the ortigin. In Layout load your curve model and replace the 1 point polys with the according letters. This way you can change both the text and the curve later without destroying your work...

here's another idea: build your text and rig it! One chain of bones forming the helix. The advantage would be actual deformation of the individual letters.

hope this helps.