Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > LightWave Basics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 31-10-2005, 05:53 AM   #1
spookymark
Registered Member

Question Setting up Modeler

Hello
OK, I am new to Lightwave, however I am eager to lern it, got the educational edition (which should be the same as any other) 8.5 version.

The question is, when I watch majority of the tutorials most people have the Perspective view in Top Right corner, it is also set to (what looks like to me) FREE HAND mode or something like that. It is set up where you can rotate the object, zoom in etc. all in just that window. I have been trying to figure this out, what do I need to do to set that up.
Mine is set to where the object is (from what it looks like) connected to a center point.
Basically i have it set to default from the box.

Most recent tutorial i was watching has it, it is the Eyes Tutorial (yes, i am still under the free section)
here is the link

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Mark
spookymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2005, 08:32 AM   #2
KrisYoung1980
Registered Member

Hi and welcome,

If you hit 'd' you will bring up the display options for modeler where you can set all the things you are talking about from making the windows independent to adding/removing background images. As fars as changing the viewports is concerned, in the top left of each port there is a drop down option where you can rearrane the viewports to suit your style.
Hope this helps
:beer:
KrisYoung1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:31 AM   #3
spookymark
Registered Member

Thank you for your reply
I did set up some of those features under the Display settings, but non of those are giving me what I am after.
I want the TR screen to be where I can rotate the object & the object is not connected to the CENTER point
almost like you can grab the object & rotate it/ zoom in etc.
THanx
spookymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:40 AM   #4
Mark
Super Moderator

In the display options, set independant center and independant zoom.

Then you move the object view by simply holding down combinations of Shift and Alt whilst clicking and dragging to move the viewport around.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote