Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > LightWave Basics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-05-2005, 02:37 PM   #1
byronpetch
Full Access Member

Default character rigging tut by Philip Meyer

Hi All,

Although ive been animating for some years now I seem to have a bit of a blind spot when it comes to character rigging and animation. I can just never get it to work.

At the moment im going through Philip Meyers rigging tutorial. When I last left off I had reached a point where the main bone set up was complete and he was just testing the deformations and joints by rotating various bones (Character_DivX_01.avi about 22mins30sec in for anyone who has the tutorial). My setup also seemed to work well at this stage, as I rotated the spine bones so the character bent forwards and from side to side etc.

That was last week. This week I opened the scene and the character has become hideously distorted, adopted a position perpendicular to its bones and is looking rather like one of those iron age man specimens they find preserved in a glacier somewhere.

If anyone has any ideas how im going wrong it will be much appreciated. Im sure once the penny drops all will be clear.

Thanks

Matt P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ironageman.jpg (28.8 KB, 37 views)
byronpetch is offline   Reply With Quote