Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Your Work > W.I.P
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 18-03-2003, 05:46 AM   #1
quaoar
Full Access Member

Default Family music fest quick composite

This is an image I put together this evening...Got the call this afternoon for a rush job... I've donated paintings in the past to the chamber music festival for years, but this year I didn't have time... until now that is. The person they had to work on a painting fell through and so I got the call....hehe goes to print in 2 days....doh! it's only the music not model from the lightwave objects package along with skytracer two and photoshop on top.... I need to make this look good.... idea's?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg familyfest_03.jpg (94.2 KB, 72 views)
WorldofWarcraft- Dragonmaw Server:Alliance
quaoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2003, 08:38 PM   #2
imazip
Full Access Member

The overall composition is strong. It seems to fit the mood nicely for a music festival and should be well received.

Maybe eliminate the small note inbetween the blue and green figure and not have the flag of the large note look like it is touching the green person's left hand? Perhaps the positions of the two notes touching the red figure should be reconsidered.

Forgive me if this was your intention, but you have the figures casting a shadow against the sky as if it were wallpaper, but the notes are moving freely in 3D space and looks awkward. If you intentionally are making a clever mix of a 2D background and 3D characters, you may need to move the elements around to make the gimmick more effective.

Perhaps the painting may be just as successful if you made clouds and notes in the same illustrated style as the figures and had them all cast shadows on a background, not unlike an illustration done in clay?

Good luck with your deadline. The final piece should look great.

Good luck!
imazip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2003, 05:31 AM   #3
quaoar
Full Access Member

hey man, thanks for the suggestions, I have taken some of them and put them to good use, The image has now been finalized and printed I will show the final version when I get conformation that everything is cool.
bye for now.
WorldofWarcraft- Dragonmaw Server:Alliance
quaoar is offline   Reply With Quote