Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > LightWave Basics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-06-2009, 11:36 PM   #1
bjørn
Full Access Member

Default Product Shot tutorial

Hi, I've just downloaded the last Product Shot tutorial. But I can't find the bottle backdrop David use in the downloads. It would be practical to use the same as he does. Where can I get it?
bjørn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
nemac4
Super Moderator

Default Re: Product Shot tutorial

Originally posted by bjørn
Hi, I've just downloaded the last Product Shot tutorial. But I can't find the bottle backdrop David use in the downloads. It would be practical to use the same as he does. Where can I get it?
Hi bjorn. Thanks for buying the tutorial. I hope you enjoy it.
The image I used for the backdrop was from google. There are so many too choose from. I couldn't include it due to copyrights.
If you search on vitamin water, you'll find some images, or you can use the 3d render of the bottles.
nemac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
bjørn
Full Access Member

Perfect!
Your tutorials are very good, indeed!
Keep on doing more of them. I would like to see an outdoor scene with trees, hedges, lawns, tarmac, roads etc; just what you see looking out of your window ...
bjørn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:55 AM   #4
robbo
Full Access Member

Default Re: Re: Product Shot tutorial

Originally posted by nemac4
Hi bjorn. Thanks for buying the tutorial. I hope you enjoy it.
The image I used for the backdrop was from google. There are so many too choose from. I couldn't include it due to copyrights.
If you search on vitamin water, you'll find some images, or you can use the 3d render of the bottles.

this looks like the one
http://www.gourmetretailer.com/gourm...nwater_web.jpg
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
nemac4
Super Moderator

Thanks bjorn and robbo!

bjorn,... I like the idea. I'll see what I can do.
nemac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #6
eojhet
Full Access Member

Default Poduct Shot

Using bevel edge on the cap's ridges doesn't work ANYTHING like it does in this tutorial for whatever reason; but being pretty new at the whole 3d thing i guess i'll figure it out, but i have no idea how else to get the effect of those ridges. The guy selects bevel edge and says that the default setting works perfect and never bothers to show the viewer exactly what the settings were. Anywho, besides being frustrated with that, what is the sense in recording every tutorial in that high def wide screen? I use 2 normal sized monitors (not wide screen [1280x1024]) and it is hard to make out details. Other than that, great tutorials! Kurv studios does a better job i think but good job anyhow.
eojhet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #7
crazy_cba
Registered Member

mmmmmmmmmmm nice
crazy_cba is offline   Reply With Quote