Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Members Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-01-2004, 01:43 PM   #1
chrispo
Full Access Member

Default Price this job: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello, I've got a 10 minute animation to price out, but Im a graphic designer and my rates are going to be way different from what you guys price!

Give me an off the cuff swipe at priceing the whole thing out from modeling to the final edit with sfx. (like my last animation on www.thirddayimage.com). Don't hold back!

Thanks in advance!
Chris

5 point polys, they just need to learn to subpatch and then we can all be freinds.www.thirddayimage.com
chrispo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:12 PM   #2
kumar
Full Access Member

Isnt it still the same animation as before. Well care to explain a few parts, on how you did it.

The part where you have santa's laptop and he turns on to show a short animation inside the screen, was that with flash and later loaded as a animated texture?

The part where bullet trails like the matrix? Are they just discs with some displacement going,,,, enveloped the sizing and so forth?

Great animation once again.
By the way whats the dec 2004 thing?
kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:23 PM   #3
chrispo
Full Access Member

By the way whats the dec 2004 thing? - its a new toon based on a short story. Hoping to be better and more serious this time. I'll keep you posted in the WIP once I get the rights to use the story. Its based on a christian parable. (really cool story).

The laptop was flash with a uv on the screen, the bullet time is refractive discs with a morph map (smal + big). Used a displacement with ripple to animate.

Any ideas on a price

5 point polys, they just need to learn to subpatch and then we can all be freinds.www.thirddayimage.com
Old 12-01-2004, 03:00 PM   #4
kumar
Full Access Member

Sorry i still haven't sold anything yet.
Old 15-01-2004, 08:48 PM   #5
Kevin

about £2500 plus royalties
Old 16-01-2004, 01:06 AM   #6
Cchristensen
Full Access Member

wow, Kevin. You work cheap!
Cchristensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2004, 02:12 AM   #7
kumar
Full Access Member

Hmm, ok i checked with someone and he says if its just the model you are selling then you can name your price and negociate. Usually about 250-500 depends on the details of the model. If its a video then you might want to keep a per min value and then calculate, say 250 per min. As for royalties you might want to consider them provided they plan to publish the material, if not,,, then just make sure they include your name in the material and charge them a value on top of the total.

I dont think you can really charge high prices like in the past as 3d animation has spred wider and you should know what companies are charging and try to do about the same.. Thats a thought my friend says anyway.

Last edited by kumar; 16-01-2004 at 02:16 AM.
Old 16-01-2004, 08:42 AM   #8
chrispo
Full Access Member

Nice, I wish I had of waited before I priced so low. I've just been with the client and set up the story board, but the level of detail has now doubled and there are more characters. Im now x2 the work to do. I've learned from this one.