Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Modeling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 23-09-2020, 11:48 AM   #1
BernieBn
Registered Member

Default Are the hard surface modeling tutorials still relevant?

Hello. I'm planning on learning more about hard surface modeling in Lightwave. But I have the 2020 edition along with some 3rd party plugins like LW Brush and MetaMesh. I know much about Lightwave Modeler hasn't changed much but is it worth subscribing here to use the tutorials?
BernieBn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2022, 06:46 AM   #2
Vnnrderbe
Registered Member

Are the hard surface modeling tutorials still relevant? In the world of 3D, there is no doubt that soft surfaces are in. The more complex your design gets, the more sophisticated algorithms you'll need to rely on. With the rising popularity of VR and AR, and their constant development, it's important to know how to build photorealistic huff post models. If you want to be successful in these growing fields then you'll need a solid foundation in hard surface modeling.
Vnnrderbe is offline   Reply With Quote