Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Rendering, Lighting, Texturing and Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 18-03-2004, 11:28 AM   #1
pixelone
Registered Member

Default Explosion wit particles

does anyone know how I could accomplish this task in LW7.5? I am trying to create and explosion effect with small particles emitting from it. Please I am new - a video or step by step tute would be great.

Thank you kindly.
pixelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 02:48 PM   #2
kumar
Full Access Member

Allright,, i think this can be done fairly easy with the hypervoxels,,, but you should know that render times can be very bad,,,, i once did the explosion for a previous challenge,,, and 1 frame rendered at like 3hours 28min... So good Luck if you plan to use hypervoxels....

As for actually how to do a simple explosion,,, the easiest i find is to add a null,, activate it under hypervoxels,,, and play around with the settings to get a nice explosion,,, you can try www.presetcentral.com for some ideas.

Or you can also try this website which has links to the related stuff with explosions...
http://members.shaw.ca/LightWavetuto...htm#Explosions

Oh ya if you plan to add dirt and stuff flying,, to start you can add a hvemmiter and play around with surface,,, and some more settings to get a nice dirt. But you really want to bring it to the next level,,, then model some debries and use the partigon emmiter and FX Linker and really play with it... If you are by now thinking,,, Huh,, what?,.... Then i suggest you do the add null,,,, open Hypervoxels, activate the null by double clicking on it, and lastly load the explosion preset downloaded. To make it animate, play with the size values... But be carefull... The larger the size,,, the higher the render time,,, even when its like,,, only 1 null.

Good Luck.
Kumar

Last edited by kumar; 19-03-2004 at 02:54 PM.
kumar is offline   Reply With Quote