Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Your Work > W.I.P
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2004, 04:59 AM   #1
Ziah
Registered Member

Default Female character feeeling stuck

hey guys never posted here b4 but you guys seem like a pretty decent and skilled bunch i need some help i feel very stuck right now and im hoping for some very insightfull critique
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stuck.jpg (123.2 KB, 82 views)
Ziah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:07 AM   #2
Fallenswordsman

Any chance of a side view as well? Its always best to get crits with both views as there are some stuff which people might not be able to see from this one view alone. Anyway, back to the model. The first thing that struck me was the bridge of the nose specifically between the eyes - it looks very wide. Running from the corner of one eye to the other, the bridge of the nose is more rounded inward and not as wide looking as you have it here.

The nostrils I think could do with a bit of reshaping. You might think about bringing the corners of the nostrils down slightly and just make the nostrils look a bit rounder - they're looking a bit sharp at the moment.

The chin also looks a little sharp but I don't think thats outside of the human norm so its really up to you if you want to unsharpen it or not.

The neck also looks a bit thin compared to the head.

Proportionwise I have a feeling that something is out but I can't put my finger on what!

Anyway, hope the comments are of some help. The model itself looks pretty good. Oh and welcome to the group
Fallenswordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 05:02 PM   #3
mashmike
Registered Member

hi Ziah

looking good.
im afraid i cant give much info from a lightwave point of view as i am fairly new to the game.
Altho i can offer some guidance.
many years back in art we were taought a set of rules for the human head and body.
some of these may sound strage but go thro em infront of a mirror and u will be surprised.

basic head shape. looking at a head from the front there is usually a flat bit from your jaw till just above the ear, so its not all round.

then everything is all about symatry and this can be done easilly.
first draw the basic shape then select the halfway mark horizontally, this is were the eyes are located.
then take that buttom half and divive it again that is were your nose will end.
the horizontal are between your eyes is the same lenght as one of your eyes.

if u draw a line down from one of your pupils it will reach the end of your mouth.

now ears generally go from the top (line up with your eyebrow) and bottom (line up with bottom of your nose)
the neck then starts from were your ears end at the bottom

finaly the overall width of the head is 1 third the width of the shoulders.

these are some basic guids hope they help.

i can draw em up if will help.
mashmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:15 PM   #4
AverageJoe
Registered Member

With a quick scan I notice that you're not trying to make evil dead here, so why are the eyes filled with cateracts? Just a thought.