Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Competitions > Previous Challenges & Competitions Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-10-2004, 09:20 PM   #1
colto
Registered Member

Lightbulb Oct/Nov-Colto-Noob

Ok guys, I'm back and ready for a challenge. First of all I would like to thank Mike for thinking up this cool idea! :tup: I'm not quite sure what I am going to do yet but I want it to include:

1.Some type of creepy trees(like some haunted woods)
2.Some type of freaky house or monument
3.And some type of of creature (evil clown?)

This also fits in perfectly with my current schedule because every Halloween I do a Haunted House in my backyard for charity.
Gonna have to pull out all those scary movies again!

colto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 10:07 PM   #2
mtmckinley
The Maya Mountain

Actually, props to Kurt B. for thinking of the topic.
mtmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 03:12 PM   #3
colto
Registered Member

ah kool, thanx kurt

Old 02-10-2004, 10:03 PM   #4
Zeeman
Registered Member

Evil clown?? Nice...lol!:tup:
Zeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:10 PM   #5
colto
Registered Member

Thumbs up update

started the clown. Here is the first 2 hours of work. This is the first head I have ever made. I still need to give him lips as right now they are just extruded polygons, fix all creases,tweak head,add detail, texture, etc. This clown will probably have a hood on him (a simple one has already been placed on him). I wanted him to have hair but I am gonna have to get the head and ears looking right b4 I can do that. Maybe his hoody can be really old and tattered with holes in it, and through those holes his hair is poking out. This could either look really creepy or really stupid Ill have to test it out .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clowntest.jpg (68.0 KB, 219 views)

Old 04-10-2004, 04:05 AM   #6
colto
Registered Member

Just testing the hoody look, not sure if i like it. The textures are just guides I use for modeling, they are in no way final. I still have some tweaking to do.

***New Idea***
I am going to have the scene be a child's bedroom at night. The bedroom will have 2 VERY LARGE glass sliding doors through which you can see some spooky woods on the other side. It is raining outside but you can still see some large unearthly figure standing in the woods looking into the childs bedroom. Imagine having your room right on the border of the woods from the movie "The Village" with 2 large glass doors which allow anyone to stand there and watch you as u sleep. Now imagine sleeping in that room in a thunderstorm. Talk about creepy. I am thinking of also possibly ditching the clown idea as i dont know how well it will fit into the whole idea. I was thinking of having him spelling the word murder or death in blood on the glass doors. Any ideas? C&C always welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clowntest2.jpg (55.3 KB, 205 views)

Old 05-10-2004, 01:35 AM   #7
colto
Registered Member

Default update

here is a close up of the tweaked clown. now all I have to do with him is texture him up and add some quick hands. This guy wont be to close up so I may be doing a little bit of overkill on detail and tweaking as I dont know how visible it will be. I know that the moderators dont appreciate large pictures in the wips so here is the 800*600 version: My Higher Resolution Clown
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clown2.jpg (54.3 KB, 184 views)

Last edited by colto; 05-10-2004 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:55 AM   #8
colto
Registered Member

Lightbulb Anyone???

Anyone there? It seems that I have been posting stuff but nobody ever gives any C&C. Please people, make an extra effort to respond to everyones work as if you dont then these competitions may start having less and less people. Where are all the people from the previous SL competitions? We need more work here! Hope to see some of u soon!

Old 06-10-2004, 04:43 AM   #9
mtmckinley
The Maya Mountain

pretty evil looking dude under that hood.

Might consider making him more imposing, kinda like Stephen King's IT or something. Lots of wrinkles and tatters!

Keep it up! :tup:
mtmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 06:03 AM   #10
Sir_Rage
Registered Member

Wink Hey

IT seems i have some Competion ....

:p

It looking good !

I agree with you on the people repling more often .
Since it really is borning if noone says anything .

Good Luck !
Sir_Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 09:04 AM   #11
bullet_evader
Registered Member

looking good for a first head, but a few things i have to say:

- what kind of style do you have in mind?? realistic or cartoon? it's easyer to give comments when knowing what kind of style the modeler have in mind.

- i think the upperlip looks a little to thin make it a bit thicker.

- the center of the lower-lip needs also to be thicker!!

- the area around his mouth needs some work!!

- how does he close his mouth with those teeth?? maybe facing them more outside the mouth!!

okay...i hope you dont take this as a personal attack, i only wants to help you improve the head!!

keep going!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clown helping lines.jpg (17.3 KB, 154 views)
Old 06-10-2004, 11:59 AM   #12
Zeeman
Registered Member

ur going good so far, colto. I think the face doesn't look eriee enough along with the background. Put like a spotlight facing him from the bottom. Then again, these r just tests right???
Zeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 09:04 AM   #13
ozwolf
Registered Member

Sorry Colto, I was put off by the last challenge somewhat, based on the criteria i am confused with the judging but didn't want to sound like a sore loser, so i am keeping quiet and wont be competing this month.

But as for your clown i love him! angry mean evil looking character! keep it up.
ozwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 01:39 PM   #14
colto
Registered Member

Thanks for the comments guys I will work on those things bullet, thanks for commenting guys!

Old 17-10-2004, 05:29 AM   #15
colto
Registered Member

I'm changing it up some, instead of there being a big monster in the woods then I am gonna have the very Gateway to Hell with demons coming out. I'll post progress once I get some tests done!