Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Site Questions & Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
vhfw
Registered Member

Default Seperate Downloads VS DVD Bundles

Hello! I'm new here, and I had a question about downloading the tutorials. I noticed that if you download the tutorials individually, they get expensive fast. However, if you get one of the DVD bundles of the same tutorial it is drastically cheaper. Am I missing something to the point system? I didn't see anything on the FAQ about this. Also, I saw that the MClaren model DVD is only something like 48 points for 45 hours of material, and the interior model DVD is 60 points for only 15 hours. Is that truely that cheap? I think its too good to be true.

Thanks in Advance

p.s Checked out some of the free demos to start with. They look really good!
vhfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #2
Ave
Registered Member

yeah they do work out well priced for the amount of hours you get, which is really cool- I guess they make it up on volume..... the reason you pay so much less for the dvd or whatever is because a few of the items are on promotion- check out

http://www.simplylightwave.com/discounts_system/

for more items....... so basically when you buy the mcLaren one section at a time you end up paying the full price, where as if you buy the dvd you get 51% by buying the whole thing up front
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #3
Mark
Super Moderator

I have a feeling that it might also come down to bandwidth costs as well. I think it actually works out slightly cheaper for a site to ship physical media than to pay for the bandwidth required to sustain many high-speed downloads.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote