Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Site Questions & Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-06-2005, 07:57 PM   #1
doc3d
Registered Member

Default rates for downloads

I am totally new here, so please forgive me if I step on any feet. I was tatally excited when I found this site and the tutorials that really look good, but.. I am interested in the McLaren tutorial, and figured that the whole tutorial (I surpose it would be smart to get the whole thing) would cost me 163 points.. or approx a whopping $277. Now.. I do love car-modelling, and see that this is a really long and detailed effort by the author. But that still seems very steep to me. Comparing this car-tut to others I assume its natural to compare with, for ex. Kurv studios Vehicle-dvd's.. I can get their vehicle-modeling dvds (both of them) for approx $70(thats 1/3 of the price for your download..). Hope you guys see the huge difference here. I have not seen your training-material, but I have seen glimpses of Kurvs.. and results of it, and it seems to be a very good one.
I guess I just think your tutorial seems unreasonably expensive. I dont mean this as dissing or negative thinking, its just a comment from a guy that just found this and is voicing his first impressions.
Maybe theres a way you can convince me that the tutorials are worth the price? Thanks for tuning in, and please dont take this the wrong way..

with regads,
doc3d
doc3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 11:08 PM   #2
David
Administrator

http://www.simplylightwave.com/tutor...TutorialId=504

82 points. Approx $130 USD for 34 hours

Kurv studios both DVD's $70 USD at 17 hours.

Which makes us per hour of tutorial cheaper then them. Oh yes and we'll ship it to you on DVD for 3 points if thats the way you want it.

David.

Last edited by David; 11-06-2005 at 11:10 PM.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:43 PM   #3
colto
Registered Member

Yes and personally I consider philip's tutorials to be of a higher caliber.:bow:

colto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2005, 09:33 AM   #4
admiralbcd
Full Access Member

I'm a newbie here aswell, haven't done many of the tutorials yet, but this is the way I see it :

if you already know how to build the model, but you need some pointers as to the best approach to do it, then the cheaper tutorial could probably help you, but it's obvious that at double the time for a similar tutorial, the one you find here will go in much deeper detail, which, for me, is better.

I just did the character rigging tutorial, and it really helped me a lot in making my first characterwalk, whereas others I saw on the net left me with many questions.
and then you feel somewhat like this: :headbang:

my walkcycle is not exactly there yet, but that's because my keys aren't quite right, not because I don't know what I'm doing...

this sounds like a commercial, do I get any points for that ?:blush: LOL

Last edited by admiralbcd; 13-06-2005 at 09:40 AM.
admiralbcd is offline   Reply With Quote