Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Competitions > Previous Challenges & Competitions Area
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 14-10-2004, 05:08 AM   #1
Krull
Registered Member

Default Oct/Nov-Noob-Krull

Hi!

Im a bit late but im in! ... Ive changed my mind due to a certain friend... Ill explain: we were talking about the Roman Empire and more closely on Julius Ceaser ( One of Romes Greatest Generals and Emperors for those of you who didn't know :he also was assassinated =:..) We were talking about one his fears (what he would be scared of) and we both came up with similar Ideas somwhat, My friends Idea, losing power/being exiled from Rome, Mine: Losing his Men/Army and watching Rome burn.

So this is were my idea of scary comes from.

My Scene will be legions and legions of graves, all fallen soldiers with there gladiuses in the ground and the shields on the mound, and further back in the distance Ghosts of the legions of Ceasar.
All standing still ready for his command. and im also thinking about putting the brand of failure (Was a brand that was put on Generals that failed Rome) on the Moon.

To me ( As I am a history Buff) this would be somthing I would fear and would be scary to me. Don't know if my Idea counts if it doesn't then ill retract it. Tell me what you guys think?
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2004, 12:19 PM   #2
Zeeman
Registered Member

WOW! That's deep dude!!! This'll be so cool if u can pull it off perfectly!!! I'm looking forward to this one!

The lighting fx etc. might be a killer on this one!
Zeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 01:40 AM   #3
Krull
Registered Member

Wow I got to update!, sorry guys school work is dragging me down =(

I just got Rome Total War and have got a boat load of new ideas for my scene. Ill try to post some of my props later today.
Old 19-11-2004, 10:25 AM   #4
dae
Full Access Member

hey Krull whats happening... any updates yet.

Dae
Old 21-11-2004, 07:05 AM   #5
Krull
Registered Member

Opppps.

I forgot to post some progress, ive been really busy, been learning body paint 3D so my models look even better textured.
I havent got much to show ( that im willing 2 at moment) all I have is the gladius to show, Ill try (you might have to yell at me if I don't) post some more props shield, textures etc....

My main prob is break from school, as I do not own body paint just work with it at school. OH look im rambling again no further ado here is a rough rough rough rough draft =)~
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gladiuses001.jpg (56.2 KB, 70 views)
Old 21-11-2004, 04:48 PM   #6
Zeeman
Registered Member

hmmm... is a start...!
Zeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2004, 06:38 PM   #7
dae
Full Access Member

that it is, Zeeman

Krull: dont worry about textures, the challenge is more to do with lighting.

Dae
Old 01-12-2004, 06:58 AM   #8
Krull
Registered Member

Well I got some stuff to show now =)~

Im now finished (although I wish I had more time, I had to skip my tech homwork to finish it) it's a bit artsy and it's not as I orginaly planed, but im happy with it. Today at school we had a presentator from Ex'pressions college come in and gave a pretty fair presentation ( I stayed for both of them) I am now converting to maya (sorry I had an eye opener) although I do love lightwave, and I will still use it often ( are we allowed to enter in both maya and lightwave comps at same time?) ok enough of my blabber here are some renders.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg return of the legion2001.jpg (57.6 KB, 38 views)
Old 01-12-2004, 07:04 AM   #9
Krull
Registered Member

here is a close up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg return of the legion3001.jpg (63.7 KB, 38 views)
Old 01-12-2004, 07:05 AM   #10
Krull
Registered Member

Here is a render that I liked best (it is really dark I think that's why I liked it so)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg return of the legion001.jpg (65.4 KB, 36 views)
Old 01-12-2004, 07:42 AM   #11
Krull
Registered Member

your prolly wondering whats that thing in the far distance right?
it's my interpretation of julius ceasar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg return of the legion5001.jpg (31.1 KB, 35 views)