Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Modeling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
aakashem
Registered Member

Red face Cuting tool like Knife-tool

Am I the only noob around here? :p

If I have a box and then want to make more 'segments'(?) like lines, on one of the sides with the knife tool, then i will have the same effect on the other side too. Is there any other cuting-tool that just cut the side I want?

Another thing. If I want to move around vertices on one side of a model the vertices on the other side gets the same effect is there someway to just work on one side?
Before I tried to hide the side that I didn't want to have the effect.
aakashem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:14 AM   #2
KrisYoung1980
Registered Member

Hi

If you select the polygons you want to cut before usingthe knife tool then only they will be cut. Depends on what you're modelling as to whether this is the best way to go about it though.
As far as editing points goes, if you select a point in one of the orthoginal viewports you select every point occupying that 2-d space so if you're looking to select a single point, use the perspective view - also check to make sure you have symmetry turned off.

Cheers

:beer:
KrisYoung1980 is offline   Reply With Quote