Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > LightWave Basics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 14-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
Robsoyo
Registered Member

Default Thickening tool

Hi there im working on the mech tutorial, got to a part where a thickener tool is needed. HD PumpIt is recommended, R Thick can also be used. Looked for HD PumpIt, that's too expensive, R Thick is free but is just doesn't seem to work, keeps messing up the geometry. Anyone know the reason for this? And maybe suggest another plugin does the same?

many thanks
Robsoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
TowerFan
Full Access Member

I'm not sure in which version it showed up, but LW 9.6 has a built in Thickener plugin. Not in front of my LW machine, but check the Utilities Tab, I think, under the plugins section. It's just called "Thicken" I think... I'll double check later, or if someone could verify...
Old 14-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #3
Robsoyo
Registered Member

Unfortunately i only have v. 8.5...
Old 14-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #4
TowerFan
Full Access Member

D'OH!! There's one called "Thicken" on this page. Pretty good as I recall...

http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plug...er.htm#Thicken
Old 16-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #5
Robsoyo
Registered Member

Thanks TowerFan, I can't seem to get it to work though, I add it in the utilities tab, but then it doesn't appear anywhere!

?

many thanks
Old 19-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #6
rwhunt99
Full Access Member

After you add your Thicken plugin, you should go into edit > menu layout >usually in the left hand column, there is at the top a menu called - additional . click on that and scroll down till you see the plugin you are looking for; Go to the right column and scroll down the menu and choose a menu you want the plug in to be located, for instance, I want mine under multiply > extend. left click and drag the plugin from the left hand to the right hand column. You should see a line appear and just move it to where you want it and then click on save and a window pops up usually where your configs are and you can save the default or rename it to your special and save, I recommend to save it to something specail so if for any reason you need to get the default setup it will be there.

If you don't want to go through that, you can go to > find and type in the name and it will go and highlite where it is.

Additional is the default place Light Wave puts plugins that were added and that's in the Utilities tab

Hope that helps :blush: