Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Categories > Rendering, Lighting, Texturing and Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 14-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
divernikas
Registered Member

Question how can i increase render speed?

how can i increase render speed in hdri,radiosity etc?...and what are the renderers?
Old 25-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
rwhunt99
Full Access Member

Wow, that's a loaded question!

Actually, it all depends on what you are trying to do, whether it is a simple still, or an elaborate animation, the speed of your equipment etc. . .

When you want to render out all those fancy features in LightWave, it really sucks out the render power from your computer.

The secret is to keep it simple and cheat like heck! It's not the fancy wizbang effects you use to get the effect, it's the final product and what it looks like that counts.

anytime you use radiosity, volumetric lighting, Antiailiasing, motion blur, and numerous other effects , it puts a lot of strain on the render engine.

The single best way to speed things up is to install the latest version of LW -- LW9.6 this version has really made great improvements to speed up the rendering process in all those areas. Light wave has only one renderer, built in, you can use Fprime, a plugin you can add on from Worley Labs that will do rendering also.
If you wsh to elaborate on what you are trying to , I might be better able to help out
:bandit: