Go Back   Lightwave Community at SimplyLightwave > Lounges > Members Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-09-2003, 09:06 PM   #1
Kevin

Default September Challenge??

I didnt add one this month as I dont think we have enough interest here

We have started one at simplymaya

http://forums.simplymaya.com/showthr...?threadid=7739

...if you guys want it over here let me know and I will add it, if not then maybe a few ideas on what you want

cheers
Old 02-09-2003, 09:25 PM   #2
DigiMatt
Super Moderator

oh darn, 3 days in to september and allready 9 contestants on simplymaya.. whats wrong with us lightwavers :o :o :o
msn: eternal_e@hotmail.com
DigiMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 03:11 PM   #3
rincewind
Full Access Member

I'd love to enter these challenges but i simply don't have time at the moment.

Working full time during the day and when i do get some spare time, i'm normally writing plugins.

I agree with what Cchristensen's idea in the august winner thread about running the competition over 2 months. Maybe more people would consider entering if they had more time ?
rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 06:10 PM   #4
Erwin
Full Access Member

Kev, you know us LW'ers... we're busy working people, unlike you Maya hooligans.. KIDDING!

Anyways, the challenge spanning 2 months is a good idea.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:36 AM   #5
Mark
Super Moderator

Yup - have to agree. Running the challenge over two months (or even a quarter) would be better - we'd have more time to make cooler scenes (or even any scenes for those of us busy working on other stuff - it's now been 3 months since I've had a chance to touch LW)!!!!
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 11:31 PM   #6
rich_is_bored
Full Access Member

What is with this comparison to SimplyMaya all the time? I'm sure that when SimplyMaya was in it's infancy there was no site to compare it to so why start now?

The problem is that the fanbase for this site isn't as large as that on SimplyMaya. More people means more input.

Continue posting challenges even if you aren't happy with the number of participants. Once there is a large number of completed tutorials, I'm sure a community of people will follow.

I for one don't feel comfortable with using procedural textures on everything and when I become confident with UV maps maybe I'll have some free time to contribute towards a monthly challange.
rich_is_bored is offline   Reply With Quote